Skip to content
Hardening of the Breast after a miscarriage
GINGER24 posted:
Hi. I would like to say that I am sorry to all of you who have had a miscarriage. I just suffered a miscarriage at 20 wks (4days ago) and it's probably the toughest thing I have had to go through. I also had a miscarriage at 11wks last year. This time, my breasts are swelling and aboth are very hot, heavy, and hard as rocks. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any advise? I'm not sure if I need to hheat them or use the frozen cabbage leaves. Please help.

Mandy_Smiles responded:
I am so sorry for your losses. It sounds like your milk came in and what you are experiencing is called engorgement. It helps to put cold compresses on your breasts. Wear a tight bra and don't stimulate your nipples (don't allow water to run over then in the shower). (((HUGS))) and once again I am so sorry for your losses.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.