Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ectopic Pregnancy
jessica870 posted:
I went to the hospital Feb.14 of this year, to find out that I had an ectopic pregnancy, and was bleeding internally, I did not know I was pregnant, I was in severe pain, passing out. My right fallopian tube had ruptured, I lost 900ml of blood,and was given a blood transfusion, almost died actually, the hospital I went to did not have an Ob department, but at the last minute they found a general surgeon that saved my life! I am 25 years old and have never had a pregnancy before this. The surgeon was wonderful, he removed my right ovary and fallopian tube, and also my appendix due to all the blood. I have 27 staples. I find myself a week later having a very difficult time coping with this, I constantly have flashbacks of being in the room before the surgery, Although I am thankful and blessed to be alive, I still have feelings of fear, and extreme sadness in losing my baby, they said I was between 3-6 weeks. He also did an exploratory on me and said everything else looked fine, except my left fallopian tube showed minimal constriction, I am scared of the thought of am I ever going to be able to conceive? I just do not know how to cope with any of this.

babyj1017 responded:
Hi Jessica870. I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the trauma and terror you had to endure. My heart aches for you.

A very good friend of mine went through a similar situation at almost the same age as you. She knew she was pregnant, but it was ectopic only she didn't find out until she was almost 10 weeks. When they went in to remove the pregnancy, the doctor touched her tube and it exploded. She lost a lot of blood and, like you, almost died.

I am happy to say that she now has a beautiful 3.5 year old boy and 9 month old boy/girl twins. She did have to have fertility treatments to get pregnant. But she was able to carry to term.

My advice to you is to take each moment as it comes. Don't try to hide your sadness or pretend your ok. Let yourself feel whatever it is you're feeling. You can be thankful to be alive and still ache for what you lost. And know that there is no right or wrong way to grieve, so anything you feel is normal, be it anger, sandness, shock or jealousy. You'll probably feel them all along the journey.

Only time will help you cope.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Susan and I am 31. My husband is Brian and he is 35. We have been married since 2005. Kayla was born August 23, 2008. She is our only child...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!