Skip to content
Still waiting for my first period after D&C.
nreyn3 posted:
Well I was estimated at 7 weeks pregnant, should have been 8 based on my last period, and the heartbeat was low so a follow up was scheduled for 2 weeks later. At the follow up there had been no development and the heart had stopped. I had no cramping or spotting, and still had all my symptoms, so we decided to have a D&C done, to allow me to return to work after my weekend.

I had a D&C on January 22 and now its March 16 and still no period or cramping! I was originally told 4 to 6 weeks was normal. I called my doctor at 7 weeks and was told sometimes it takes longer and not to worry.

I just can't help it! We plan on trying again as soon as possible, but we have no way of knowing when I'll get my first period, let alone my second and it's kinda driving me crazy. Any little cramp or gas bubble makes me constantly check to see if it's finally started. Everyone I know that has had a D&C normally started by the 5th week and here I am approaching my 8th. Any input would be appreciated!!!!

Take the Poll

How long after a D
  • Less than 6 weeks.
  • 6-7 weeks.
  • 7-8 weeks.
  • 8-9 weeks.
  • more than 9 weeks.
vote
View Poll Results

nreyn3 responded:
I'm now at 9 1/2 weeks and still no period, negative pregnancy tests (urine and blood), and just went through an aweful bladder infection. I'm wanting to get pregnant, and all this waiting is stressing me out!! Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm just a girl who likes helping other girls through experiences we share. i went to VCU and my major was political science (minors in english, s...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.