Skip to content
So so sad
Anon_232096 posted:
I suffered a miscarriage this past Sunday, I was exactly 8 weeks along. My husband and I had been trying for over 7 months so when I found out I was pregnant in February I was so elated. I feel like my heart has been ripped from my body. I am 35 years old, I had waited so long because the "timing" was never right. We were thinking of great ways to tell our families, instead we had to tell them how devastated we are. I am just so sad, so unbelievably sad.

ELS0713 responded:
Hi. I won't say "I know how you feel" because everyone is different and has different feelings but I've lost 4 babies and know that it can be devastating and frustrating and heartbreaking and so much more. So many thoughts go through your head...and nothing is wrong to think and there's no certain way that you should feel. I wish I had something more comforting to say but please know you're not alone. It will seem to get better bit by bit and then there may be a setback where you feel bad again - and that's okay. Just be easy with yourself and make sure you keep lines of communication open with your husband - you two are the only ones that are experiencing the loss in the same way. Rely on each other and comfort each other. There's no set timeframe in which you have to feel better so don't feel pressure. My first baby was lost in 2010 and I stil think about him/her from time to time. It's okay - they're a part of your family, even if they weren't born - you are still his/her mother and no one can take that away.

lenita3118 replied to ELS0713's response:
So very sorry for what your family is healing from. I had severe endometriosis for years and tried to get pregnant for a very long time. I decided to keep trying and in Sept. 2006 it finally happened! The test was positive and my life changed forever...but after only being 5 wks along, i went for some bloodwork to check my ECG levels, they were exteremely low and had drastically went down. my obgyn at the time was very insensitive to the matter.I was told t axayhat a dnc was not nescessary at only 5wks. I was sent home and told to prepare myself mentally b/c there was no chance for a miracle, the baby was dying. I miscarried 2 days later. I dont feel this pain will EVER go away. I had to have a complete hysterectomy and lost my ovaries less than a year later...with no children.This is 2013, my soul lost a piece of itself in 2006 that i will never get back. I am here to listen to anyone who needs help...i feel pain just as you do. thanks for listening

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married April 2005. We started TTC in August of 2005 b/c we knew that due to my family history we would have difficulty conceivi...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.