Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sad but grateful
jeepers1021 posted:
I just lost our baby at 16 weeks and had a D & E on Monday. It was the most emotional thing I have ever experienced. My husband and I tried for 4 years and were finally blessed in January with the acknowledgement of being pregnant. My daughter, who will be 7 later this year, was the most excited to get a baby brother or sister. Yet, she was the strongest after we told her the sad news on Friday. It has been most difficult to let people comfort me. After I had the surgery on Monday, I had come to the realization that I was already blessed with the most wonderful daughter anyone could ask for. The baby for which I lost was my gift to her. I can only say that I am grateful to have at least been able to be pregnant and to love and lose a baby. I also know that I will be able to give her the gift again someday in the future. My daughter and I went shopping last night after school and she found a little angel that she wanted to keep in her room to always remind her that she was given a gift that she would not physically receive.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 43 years old and just had my second miscarriage (on January 7th 2011 pregnant with twins 10 weeks) in seven years my husband was no where to be f...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.