Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sad but grateful
jeepers1021 posted:
I just lost our baby at 16 weeks and had a D & E on Monday. It was the most emotional thing I have ever experienced. My husband and I tried for 4 years and were finally blessed in January with the acknowledgement of being pregnant. My daughter, who will be 7 later this year, was the most excited to get a baby brother or sister. Yet, she was the strongest after we told her the sad news on Friday. It has been most difficult to let people comfort me. After I had the surgery on Monday, I had come to the realization that I was already blessed with the most wonderful daughter anyone could ask for. The baby for which I lost was my gift to her. I can only say that I am grateful to have at least been able to be pregnant and to love and lose a baby. I also know that I will be able to give her the gift again someday in the future. My daughter and I went shopping last night after school and she found a little angel that she wanted to keep in her room to always remind her that she was given a gift that she would not physically receive.

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI EVERYONE IM NEW TO THIS... SO MY NAMES MIRANDA IM 19 YEARS OLD AND GOT PREGNANT WHEN I WAS 18 AND A HALF I JUST RECENTLY LOST MY...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!