Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Second Miscarriage in Six Months
RandeePandee posted:
This past Sunday morning I had my second miscarriage in six months (ironically within a few days of the actual date the first occurred). Because of the first, I did not get my hopes up too high with this pregnancy even though it lasted twice as long as the previous. I will say that with this one was far more painful (or perhaps I was just in shock with the first). The sadness and depression that washed over me like a massive wave the first time has been replaced by uncertainty and confusion as to why my body seems to be "defective' in a sense. A part of me would really like to find out what's going on and if I will ever be able to carry to term; then there is the other part of me that just wants to give up and request for my tubes to be snipped and burned so that I don't put myself or my boyfriend through this heartache again...

jenica1432 responded:
next timer you get pregnant have your docotr test your hormones you might be lacking somewhere. Your body isnt defective but something isnt right. You definantly need to talk with a doctor.

pthbbbt responded:
First of all I'm sorry for your loss. I am now on my 3rd miscarriage in less than a year. I struggle with a lot of pain sadness but also guilt. We were told after the second miscarriage that insurance would not pay for fertility testing until after the third miscarriage. So while we really were trying to have a baby that we desperately wanted, I didn't have much faith that I would carry when I started feeling symptoms of pregnancy with the 3rd one. And although I struggle with the guilt of getting pregnant just so I could get the testing done, I know it was a necessary pain I had to endure if I wanted to be able to get answers so that I can achieve an eventual live birth.
I don't want to tell you what to do. It's a hard decision and one you and your boyfriend should make together about if you want to put yourselves through the pain of another loss to get answers. It doesn't make it any easier to go through. But I believed it was worth it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

DD 4.23.08 . Happy and Healthy***Thank you LORD!*** Angel Baby at 10 weeks D&E on 12/29/09 Angel Baby at 6 weeks Natural MC 8/20/10

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.