Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Inducing natural Miscarriage??
soap1 posted:
Hi, i have had two miscarriages. i was told i had a miscarriage last week but i don't want to do a D&C again. i told my obgyn that i rather do it naturally this time since i am only five weeks. what can i do to induce my miscarriage? are there any natural ways to speed up the process?? this is devastating but i have to do it.

terricody responded:
hi,

i'm going through a m/c as we speak myself and i think there is a precription that your dr could prescribe..i had already two previous m/c and done it totally natual and im doing it for this one too..

everyone body's are different and may take some time to pass..i already passed one of my twins and the other is taking alittle longer but my hcg level is still about 8,000

sorry i couldn't be more of help

LauraSNJ responded:
TRIGS IN SIG!

Hi there. I am so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult this is and I hope that you're doing ok; your original post is from a few days ago and I don't see any newer posts.

During my first loss, my body would just not miscarry on its own. We waited it out and nothing, no progress. I was given the choice of a D&C or induction. I used cytotec (a prescription) and it was a terrible experience - severe pain and cramping, and see my baby... it was terrible and the memory will be forever burned in my mind. But, other women I've talked to have used it and had better experiences. In the end, the choice is really up to you and your doctor; you've got to do what's best for you!

Big hugs...

TRIGS IN SIG!

FloralMom responded:
First of all, I'm very sorry that you are going through this right now.

Second, please, please, please be very careful when taking any meds that induce the miscarriage. I've done some research and they can have some pretty serious side effects.

I understand not wanting to have another D & C and wanting to wait it out. Perhaps you and your doctor can find a common ground, maybe a two week period, and if you don't miscarry by then, opt for the D & C? Find out how long they will let you go and if she has any natural options for you.

asilFL responded:
I am so sorry for your loss. I went through my first miscarrage in July, I was scheduled for the D&C a week from the date I found out, and it happened naturally the next day! I went back to the hospital and still had to have the D&C performed

jamjeng responded:
I'm also on the Misoprostol meds right now with my 3rd miscarriage this year. I prefer this method b/c I'm in the comfort of my own home and I can easily control the pain with Vicodin or Advil. Unfortunately with this one, it's progressing very slowly so I called in for a refill and will take a second dose tomorrow. I'm so apprehensive of having a D & C because I just visualize them coming at me with a potato peeler! If the meds don't work, I will opt for that then they can send the tissue to the lab for analysis. I'm just on the fence about it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI EVERYONE IM NEW TO THIS... SO MY NAMES MIRANDA IM 19 YEARS OLD AND GOT PREGNANT WHEN I WAS 18 AND A HALF I JUST RECENTLY LOST MY...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.