Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Miscarriage at 8 weeks
e_caine04 posted:
I am in the process of miscarrying now. I went to the doctor on Thursday evening and had a check-up and pregnancy blood test, and was told to take it easy because I started spotting on Tuesday night. They told me to monitor the bleeding and let them know if it got heavier, on Thursday morning it looked like I was having a period. So I went to the doctor and was sent home on bed rest. I got a call from the doctor Friday morning telling me that my counts were only 458 and that I needed at least 2000 if I was going to have an ultrasound done..She then told me the worst news I wanted to hear and that I was likely having a miscarriage. I was devasted to say the least. My whole family knew about me being pregnant, including my co-workers, I have been unable to talk about it to anyone. I mostly just lay in bed under the covers. I haven't been eating. I almost feel like I am depressed...I cry off an on all the time, and I turned my cellphone off. I feel terrible, I can't even talk to my husband.. I can't believe I was so attached in so little time, but I was..

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear one,

Of course you were/are attached. ((((hugs))))

I know that others will be responding once they look in but I wanted you to know that you're not alone and you are heard here. You'll find a lot of understanding here.

I am so sorry. Be gentle with yourself and try and let others help you through this.

I'm glad you reached out here.

LindzRenee responded:
Hi sweetie,
I hope that you are doing okay, I'm very very sorry for your loss...I've been there - three times and l just wanted to tell you that it's okay to greive. There will be good days and there will be terrible days, but eventually, it does get better. It doesn't matter how far along you were, a loss is a loss and something that you will never forget. I say, talk to your husband, or if you don't feel like it, talk to us here, either way, the best way to start the healing process is to talk with people. That's always helped me. Also in my experience, husbands (DH) handle this differently than we do, mine didn't really want to talk about it much - he just wanted to get past it. But just know that they are hurting too, for the loss and because they know how badly this affects us. Hang in there, k? - Lindsey

Me 31, DH 36 - MC's 3/4, 4/6 and 10/26 at 12w2d. BFP 2/18!!! Stick little one stick

brandib01 responded:
agree. i lost at just over 9 weeks and it was terrible. it does get better but just know you will have break downs every now and then i lost at the beginning of dec. and have kept myself so busy since with TTC again that i probably didn't grieve as i should have. please make sure you give yourself time. cry as much as needed. i still had a mini meltdown yesterday when i went baby clothes shopping with my SIL so it happens. it was still a part of you for even it's short period of time and deserves to be greived. please take care of yourself and i hope you feel better soon.

sonnia responded:
I'm going through the same thing right now. I went to the ER yesterday. They ran some tests, and told us that we are miscarrying. My husband and I are devastated. We loved our little boo bear so much. I was 7 weeks in. At this point we are taking it one day at a time. All we know is that I'm going to start taking better care of myself,eating and exercising. Hopefully we can get pregnant soon. I feel your pain. We had already bought the baby a couple of cute things. Now we are going to put it all in a box and put it away. Kinda like a burial. I'm hoping after that we can start feeling better. You are not alone. I feel better as well that I'm not alone either.

MommaEads responded:
Hang in there girl. My husband and I are going through the same thing. Last Thursday I found out that I was miscarrying and tomorrow I am scheduled to have a D&C. I have been crying on and off as well. The best thing for me is to get up and get going early. I am a nanny of twins 16 months old so it is like a double edged sword. I love being with them because they always make me laugh but at times being with them makes me really sad too. Just talk to your friends, family and husband. My husband has been a great support person. The last thing you need to think is that you did something wrong to cause the miscarriage. That was my first thought and I realize that there is nothing the we could have done to change things. I hope the last two weeks have been easier on you and believe in your heart that you will have a healthy pregnancy next time. I'm here for you if you need to vent.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Sarah. Where shall I start. I has been a long 15 months since all this happened. First, I have two beautiful children my son (10) and daugh...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.