Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sex after Miscarriage...
MommyManda posted:
I just recently had my second miscarriage on the 23rd. Ironically exactly one year after my first miscarriage. With my first miscarriage I bled like crazy, for like a month! And I didn't want my boyfriend to touch me, just the smallest thought of sex or anything related made me feel really sick. Now this time, I quit bleeding after just 5 days. and the 6th day, all I could think about was sex. It was quite silly really cause I've never been like "crazed" for sex, but my boyfriend and I ended up having sex on that 6th day, and every day since.. I bled just slightly after the first time, but haven't since. Is this bad, should we wait awhile longer before continuing this?
ME(21) BF(23) BABY ANGEL 1 (08/23/09) BABY ANGEL 2 (08/23/10)

bbylove21 responded:
they never told me to wait to have sex , we had sex right after i stopped bleeding and it was fine ..

hope everything works out . Keep trying

smatusiak responded:
I just had a D&E today and they told me to wait 2 weeks to have sex. Not sure if it's different if you have a D&E or it passes naturally.
Susan (31), DH - Brian (35), DD - Kayla (8/23/08), m/c - 9/8/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

Engaged to a wonderful man w/two beautiful daughters. Recently miscarried at 12 weeks. Having a hard time coping.

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.