Skip to content
Intercourse after Miscarriage
BabySamba posted:
I need some advice. I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago, I didn't have a D and C. It happened with pills. I was 6 1/2 weeks and my baby wasn't growing. I just had a sac and that's it. Still doing some spotting once in awhile. When is it ok to start having intercourse? I know I have to wait to try again for a baby until I have a period but when I can be close to my husband in a more intimate way? I know it may sound crazy but I miss being close to him that way. He has been wonderful in just loving me in other ways but I think I am ready to just try. I know it will be difficult and I think about what could have been with a little one but I just want to try. Is this bad now? I think about my baby everyday and I have some bad days where I just break down but I need to be strong. What do you all think?

bbylove21 responded:
also had a miscarriage almost 8 months ago now, and i kno how you must feel.. i waited until i stopped bleeding to have intercourse it was about a week.

jadeblueA responded:
I miscarried and didn't need a DandC either, it just happened on it's own at 8 weeks. I waited until I stopped bleeding to have intercourse, I figured my body should be healed enough to do that, even if my emotions aren't. I feel so much closer to my boyfriend since sharing this loss, I can't imagine how much closer we'll be if we are blessed enough to finally share a birth.

vanessagw23 responded:
My OB/GYN recommended to wait to try to concieve again until after 2-3 cycles (2-3 months post miscarriage) so that the uterus has had an opportunity to heal itself and be at its best again for the next baby. I would imagine if intercourse is not painful for you and the goal is strictly pleasure, it should be safe once there is no bleeding. As always, check with your doctor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 32 year old (step) Mother of one daughter. My husband and I have been together 13 years, married 10 1/2. We tried to conceive about 7 years ago...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.