Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PREGNANT AFTER MISCARRIAGE
SBRIGA12 posted:
Hello again. I am back on here after posting a discussion in August. On 8/20/10, I had a D and C. I was 8 weeks. I started bleeding the on the day I was 8 weeks plus one day. I had an ultrasound and was told everything was fine and it was probably because I had sex the night before. The bleeding stopped but then came back 2 days later. I went back to the doctor and this time there was no heartbeat. I was scheduled for a d and c the next day. I was advised to wait 3 menstrual cycles before trying again. In Dec, I found out I was pregnant again. I am now exactly 8 weeks and one day, today. I am scared out of my mind. I am scheduled for an ultrasound today. I am trying to expect no heart beat so I won't get my hopes up. I already have 2 children (11 and 6) but would like one more to complete my family. I had another miscarriage in 2006, so I don't think I can keep a pregnancy anymore. The last few weeks have been really hard and nerve-wracking. I do find it ironic, however, that I am due in August and 5 days past the same day I had the d and c. It would be nice to deliver on 8/20/11 and know that my angel came back to me.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi SBRIGA,

How did things go? Are you okay? Please let us know. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care!
Best Wishes! Amelia

SBRIGA12 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Amelia. I am now 11 weeks pregnant. I had some brown spotting which lasted for about 2 weeks but has now gone away. I did have the same spotting with my daughter and she turned out fine. A few months ago I spotted red and that ended in the miscarriage. I am due to go back to the doctor next week and have my 1st trimester screening. I did have a sonogram 2 weeks ago when I started spotting and was told the baby's heartbeat is very strong. I will keep you posted on what happens next week. Btw, I am starting to show! (3rd baby!)

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to SBRIGA12's response:
Awwww, so glad to hear that you two are doing okay! I apologize for my late response and thank you for posting. Please do keep us updated and take it easy!
Best Wishes! Amelia

Hi. Amelia. I am now in my 13th week. I had the 1st trimester screening last week and all looks good! I saw the baby moving around and the test results came out fine. I have the 2nd trimester screening scheduled for next mth. I will keep you posted!

nlitiku responded:
I am so glad you posted this... It really give me hope about the future had an ectopic and doctor says it ok to ttc again but i am just so scared. I don't know if i could handle that again. but hearing your story... made me realized that I can't be afraid... I have to put myself out there and maybe the next time things will be better:)

Thanks so much for keeping us posted. I'm so happy for you!
Sending you continuous healthy and happy thoughts!
Take care
"What is lovely never dies, but passes into other loveliness, Star-dust, or sea-foam, flower or winged air. -Thomas Bailey Aldrich

SBRIGA12 replied to nlitiku's response:
Hi Nlitiku. So sorry to hear what you when thru. (((Hugs)))) I had to go thru 2 miscarriages before getting this far. But it turns out, the doctors were right. It is possible to try again and be successful. I am currently 17 weeks and just found out I am having a girl. I am still worried and probably will remain this way until I give birth. But so far this are looking well for me and I am sure they will be for you too. Just keep faith and positive thoughts. I wish you all the luck there is! Keep us posted.

Thanks Amelia. It's a girl!

Congrats on your precious girl!
"What is lovely never dies, but passes into other loveliness, Star-dust, or sea-foam, flower or winged air. -Thomas Bailey Aldrich

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to nlitiku's response:
((((Hugs)))) to you nlitiku. I'm wishing you the best on your future and finding a comfortable time for you to TTC.
Happy and healthy vibes

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Sarah. Where shall I start. I has been a long 15 months since all this happened. First, I have two beautiful children my son (10) and daugh...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.