Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What to expect now???
runningmom4 posted:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to start by saying how sorry I am for all of your losses. I know how hard it is...and I really appreciate having a forum like this for support.

I had a D&C almost three weeks ago (2/23/11) due to a missed miscarriage. I should have been 9w2d, but the baby only measured 6w1d and there was no heartbeat. This was our second loss (first pregnancy was ectopic).

After my ectopic pregnancy (had surgery to remove the pregnancy and tube), my period returned almost exactly one month later. My OBGYN couldn't give me much of an idea of when my period might return this time around. I've had no spotting for about 10 days...but there was still some HCG in my system as of last Friday (very faint positive on an hpt).

Just wondering if anyone else with a similar experience could shed light on when their cycles returned.

Thank you!

Me (35) ~ DH (41) ~ angel #1 7/3/03 ~ DS 6/3/04 ~ DD 6/7/06 ~ angel #2 2/23/11

nlitiku responded:
I am so sorry for you loss. my heart goes out to you and you family. I had an ectopic about three months ago and now my period is back on like clock work... but there is another discussion thread where the ladies are going through similar situation as you. its called "in need of a little information, can someone help.." check it out and maybe those two ladies can give you a little more insight. Again sorry for your loss. Stay Strong.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome to the community runningmom4.

I also wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss and am glad that you are here. This community is made up of lovely members who are very supportive and share wonderful insight. I have heard many different responses on the time frame of a normal cycle after a miscarriage, so I do hope that others will respond with personal experiences to help. ((((Hugs)))) to you. Take care and please keep us posted.
"What is lovely never dies, but passes into other loveliness, Star-dust, or sea-foam, flower or winged air. -Thomas Bailey Aldrich

Linzcast responded:
I started almost a exactly a month after my miscarriage, just be patient. I had the same thing as you some light pink for a few days, started out as brown, then my husband and I had sex and the next morning it came rushing out. Sometimes having sex helps get it going so that may be something to try if you're worried about it.

xraytech11 responded:
I found a week after the HCG level is zero you will start your cycle. Im sorry for your losses!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Engaged to a wonderful man w/two beautiful daughters. Recently miscarried at 12 weeks. Having a hard time coping.

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.