Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Remembering the Little One
BabySamba posted:
It is has been 7 months and 2 days since I had my miscarriage. When I feel I am getting better, I have a break down. I am not young anymore. We have been trying with no luck. I would have been due the first week of May. Someone on this site gave me a great idea many months ago about planting something in memory of my little one. Now that it is a good time to plant, we will do just that. Next Sunday, May 1st, My love and I will be planting a bush in memory of our lost baby. We have already prepared the area and we will buy the bush this week. I am feeling extremely sad. I just can't believe how the time has pasted. I want to be a mom so bad but I don't want to forget the baby I lost. I am looking forward to this event on Sunday. I know it's going to be hard but I know it is going to help me emotionally. This is something I feel I need to do at this time. Thank you to the person who gave me this idea.

myRaymond responded:
First, I would like to say that I am very sorry for losing your bundle of joy, only God knows why. I lost my Raymond 2 months and two weeks ago at 23 weeks. And it is real rough for me as well but a little easier than when the nightmare first happend. My counselor informed me that grief comes in waves. And then it will become less frequent. I had the same fear of thinking I was going to forget Raymond. But our minds will never let us forget such an awful situation. I have his pictures on my mantle piece and engraved his name in my husband and I wedding rings. You will not forget your angel and your baby will ALWAYS be in your heart. I have heard people say that it get rough around the time of your due date. I don't know yet because he was not due until June. But I think of Raymond everyday and every hour within the day. So I think what you are experiencing is normal. I am happy you are doing something in his honor, that plant will always remind you of your angel. Again I am so sorry and I pray much peace, love and understanding.

OldEnoughToKnowBetter responded:
I understand not being young anymore...my husband and I lost our Sweetpea on April 10th...and I get the impression that people think I should be "over it" by now. I am 43 and my husband is 31, it would have been his first and my third.
My husband carved a little wooden plaque and we placed it in our flower garden. It was such a healing thing for him to do, and I love that he loves Sweatpea and so much.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.