Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Remembering the Little One
BabySamba posted:
It is has been 7 months and 2 days since I had my miscarriage. When I feel I am getting better, I have a break down. I am not young anymore. We have been trying with no luck. I would have been due the first week of May. Someone on this site gave me a great idea many months ago about planting something in memory of my little one. Now that it is a good time to plant, we will do just that. Next Sunday, May 1st, My love and I will be planting a bush in memory of our lost baby. We have already prepared the area and we will buy the bush this week. I am feeling extremely sad. I just can't believe how the time has pasted. I want to be a mom so bad but I don't want to forget the baby I lost. I am looking forward to this event on Sunday. I know it's going to be hard but I know it is going to help me emotionally. This is something I feel I need to do at this time. Thank you to the person who gave me this idea.

myRaymond responded:
First, I would like to say that I am very sorry for losing your bundle of joy, only God knows why. I lost my Raymond 2 months and two weeks ago at 23 weeks. And it is real rough for me as well but a little easier than when the nightmare first happend. My counselor informed me that grief comes in waves. And then it will become less frequent. I had the same fear of thinking I was going to forget Raymond. But our minds will never let us forget such an awful situation. I have his pictures on my mantle piece and engraved his name in my husband and I wedding rings. You will not forget your angel and your baby will ALWAYS be in your heart. I have heard people say that it get rough around the time of your due date. I don't know yet because he was not due until June. But I think of Raymond everyday and every hour within the day. So I think what you are experiencing is normal. I am happy you are doing something in his honor, that plant will always remind you of your angel. Again I am so sorry and I pray much peace, love and understanding.

OldEnoughToKnowBetter responded:
I understand not being young anymore...my husband and I lost our Sweetpea on April 10th...and I get the impression that people think I should be "over it" by now. I am 43 and my husband is 31, it would have been his first and my third.
My husband carved a little wooden plaque and we placed it in our flower garden. It was such a healing thing for him to do, and I love that he loves Sweatpea and so much.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two boys, 6 and 3. I love my children and my husband. I recently delivered a little boy who some are saying is considered a miscarria...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!