Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mother's Day
KDM31 posted:
Happy Mother's Day to all of you ladies.

I am so sorry that you are all having to face this day without your little baby or Babies.

Everywhere I turn everyone is wishing mothers everywhere a happy mothers day. People are over joyed with their happy little families. and I ache for the loss of mine.

How was I to know my emotions would get the best of me on this day. Today I tried to occupy my time with family. I tried to celebrate their joy of having their families but I couldn't take it anymore. I came home to an empty house and looked through our babies pictures and their clothes and cried myself to sleep. At times I feel normal and look forward to our future and then sometimes I have days like today, when my heart aches so intently that I don't think I can face the day.
Every day I get dressed and try to put a smile on my face and go on as if I didn't just have my hopes and dreams shattered a little over three months ago. I try to smile and act happy when people come into my store with ultrasound pictures and show them off. I smile when pregnant women come in to be fitted for a dress and complain about gaining a little weight. And yes when I get the dreadful question from my customers, are you and your husband going to try to have babies, I simply smile and say someday. If I actually say I have three babies they ask how old and then I have to say they didn't make it. This is not a story I care to share with my customers but at the same time I don't want to act like I didn't have my babies. I feel by denying themit is like letting them down, silly I know but I don't know what else to do or say.
My heart goes out to you all. I hope you all can one day soon have the families you long for.

smithc27 responded:
I too found Mother's Day to be difficult. We lost our little one 3/2/11 at 8wks. Did well yesterday until DH and I went to church and they did a Blessing for Mother's; I wished so badly to be standing up there with them. Even though it has been a full two months, I still have days where the emotions overwhelm me, and it is hard to explain them to people who have never been through a preg loss. My heart aches for everyone who has suffered through a m/c. But I also have faith that when it is meant to be, it will happen, and hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Christina - Texas - Married to DH May 2003, 1 D/S Oct-2003, 1 M/C April 2010, 2nd M/C possible Twins 6/2010 currently TTC #5/6 was a member of the We...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.