Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
EMPTY SAC, I AM HEARTBROKEN
battleforlife posted:
HELLO EVERY, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT EVERYONE'S LOSS. I TOO AM HEARTBROKEN. MY FIRST ULTRASOUND ,THE SAC WAS EMPTY, THEY SAID ITS TOO EARLY TO SEE THE BABY, THEY NEVER TOLD ME THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG. THEY RESCHEDULED 2 WEEKS LATER, AND THE SAC WAS STILL EMPTY. I WAS SO CONFUSED, WHAT IS HAPPENING. THE DOCTOR CAME IN AND TOLD ME I AM GOING TO MISCARRY THE BABY. I AM SO HEARTBROKEN, I AM CONFUSED,AND MAD. I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA AND WAS NOT EXPECTING TO GET PREGNANT AS I HAD TO USE FERTILITY PILLS WITH BOTH OF MY CHILDREN. SO IT WAS A SHOCK, WHEN THE TEST CAME BACK POSITIVE. BUT I WAS HAPPY TO CONCIEVE WITH OUT THE USE OF FERTILITY DRUGS. MY HUSBAND TOO WAS HAPPY. BUT THEN A COUPLE OF DAYS GO BYE AND WE REALISE WOW, WHAT DID WE GET OURSELVES INTO. WE WOULD NEVER HAVE AN ABORTION. NOW I FEEL GUILTY , THAT BECAUSE WE HAD SECOND THOUGHTS OF THE PREGNANCY , THE BABY DIDN'T DEVELOPED RIGHT. I BLAME MYSELF, FOR THIS. THE DOCTOR WANTED TO DO A D & C, BUT TO ME , IT FEELS LIKE I AM ABORTING THE BABY, LIKE I AM GIVING UP HOPE. MAYBE ITS STILL TOO EARLY, IS ALL I CAN THINK OFF. I AM LOSING MY MIND. MY HUSBAND IS UPSET, BUT AT THE SAME TIME , TOLD ME WE BIT THE BULLET WITH THE PREGNANCY. I AM SO UPSET THAT HE FEELS THAT WAY. DID HE NOT REALLY WANT THIS BABY. I AM GOING THROUGH THIS ALONE. I PUT IT ON FACEBOOK TO LET MY FAMILY KNOW BECAUSE I COULD NOT FACE THEM AND HAVE THOSE WORDS COME OUT OF MY MOUTH. IF I DON'T SAY IT, ITS NOT REAL, I DON'T KNOW IF THAT MAKES IT WORSE TO GET OVER. HOW DO I COPE WITH THIS , HOW LONG BEFORE I MISCARRY .

smithc27 responded:
I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard but there is hope. I suffered a m/c in March and still have days where the sadness overtakes me. Feb 24 we had gone in for my first prenatal exam and were so excited after we left. They didn't do an ultrasound because I wasn't far enough along to warrant on. One week later to the day of my dr visit, I had heavier-than-normal spotting. We rushed to the hospital, and after doing an invasive u/s, a very kind nurse told me the sac was empty. The dr called it a blighted ovum; is this what happened to your little one? The sac stopped growing at 7 wks, and I was supposed to be at 10 wks. The first few days were REALLY hard; I couldn't hold it together for anything. We had just finished telling everyone in the family, and I broke down with each 'Congrats Baby!' card we got in the mail.

If you haven't already, you may need to have a D & C done; mine had begun naturally within 24 hrs. I wish I could tell you the emotional pain goes away, that everything will go back to normal. I was heartbroken, and didn't know where or who to turn to; reading these articles every couple of days has helped me, to not feel so alone. Believe me, you are not alone, and there is hope. Take care, and good luck

allalone0616 replied to smithc27's response:
I'm very sorry to hear that, mine i know happened back in 2008 and i'm still not over it. I still have my 2 pee pregnancy tests in a check book box wrapped in toilet paper. I feel so empty alone scared tired I never have anyone to talk too.

christymorgan14 responded:
I too am experiencing a similar situation. I went to the doctor last Thursday and was almost 8 weeks from lmp. They saw an empty sac as well. Went yesterday for another ultrasound due to spotting and she saw a little bean and sac but no heartbeat. I have been bleeding/cramping ever since and passed a large clot this morning. The doctor still wants me to go in this morning for bloodwork, but I am dreading it. I know that my body is miscarrying. I am confused and sad and questioning whether I want to try getting pregnant again. I'm 34 and my youngest is already 4.

I hope that as the days pass you will feel better. That's what I am hoping for.

simplieme replied to christymorgan14's response:
Sorry for your lost. When i was pregnant they never found a sac. They just told me it wasnt gonna b a health baby. I cried, prayed, cried and prayed some more. My baby's father didnt seem to be affected although he tried to comfort me he wasnt successful. He looked at the real the baby want gonna b healthy. It seemed like he didnt care about how i felt. Im still not over it and have nightmares about it very often. Im 31 and my only living child it 11 1/2. My baby daddy did buy me a build-a-bear and named it baby w. because we didnt no what we were having. I sleep w/ it every night. I try to cry when my daughter isnt around so she wont get upset. But the bear showed me that he did care, he just didnt no how r what to say to comfort me.
I hope my story helps

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm just a girl who likes helping other girls through experiences we share. i went to VCU and my major was political science (minors in english, s...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.