Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bleeding for 2 weeks
momkr posted:
I started to miscarry on May 2nd and have been through Hell ever since. My hormone levels are not going down & I just had a biopsy to see if the pregnancy was ectopic. Hopefully I will find out in the next day or two... but what concerns me is that I am still bleeding...

If the pregnancy was in the uterus, I have the option of the D&C or the methatrexate shot. While I don't want to be in the hospital, the idea of the shot scares me... I have heard that there is a chance of birth defects in your next baby if you get pregnant too soon. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much...

nathannikismama responded:
sorry to hear about your miscarriage, i had a misscarriage on apr.26th and just barely quit bleeding last week, i was able to pass it all on my own but bled for the longest time and cramped servely with it, i have 2 kids but have had a total of 12 pregancies one ending in still born and 2 in live births all the others have been miscarriages, hang in there take it easy dont do to much lifteing or stressing and wait a few cycles before trying to get pregant again!

momkr replied to nathannikismama's response:
God Bless you! It takes a strong woman to go through all of that. I am actually waiting on the biopsy results today to find out if it was ever in my uterus or ectopic. It is hard enough to miscarry, but the blood tests & biopsies & everything else is the worst. I can't wait to have my body back! Thanks for the advice

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mother. I have had 2 miscarriages-one in 1998 & another in 1999. I just gave birth to a baby girl on Jan 21, 2011 but there were s...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!