Skip to content
I lost my baby
An_187303 posted:
I lost my baby last Saturday (11-weekes) and it has been a difficult time to cope for me! I just don't understand what happened and I cannot sleep trying to figure out what was wrong with me or what cause the miscarriage. The doctors dont give a direct answer, they just say things I don't comprehend! I am exhausted and very sad and I cannot stop picturing the whole episode over and over and over in my head!

Take the Poll

Does anybody can help me understand?
  • try to conceive again
  • not to conceive
vote
View Poll Results

Lysana responded:
(((hugs))) I am so sorry for your loss.

Usually, there is no "explanation" for an early loss, particularly if it is your first. While there has to have been an underlying cause, there is usually no way to know without genetic testing being done on the baby - and even then, there won't always be an answer. It wasn't anything you did, though. (((hugs))) I think we always feel that way, but please be comforted knowing that you didn't do anything to cause your loss.

My recent loss was also at 11 weeks, and there was no apparent reason (nor was there any testing done). Just - one day the baby was growing and his/her heart was beating, the next day - it wasn't.

What have the doctors told you?

As for whether to try again, that is absolutely a personal decision for you. If you feel ready, and your doctors haven't made you aware of any conditions that would mean you shouldn't, then there is no harm in trying again. However, if you are not emotionally ready, there is no reason you shouldn't wait until you DO feel ready. We chose to try again right away, but that is not the right choice for everyone.

Lots of (((hugs))) and prayers for healing and peace.

cclingen responded:
I lost my baby at 6 or 7 weeks. the doctors dont know why i m/c and have told me it wasnt my fault or anything i did. ask your drs to put the explanation in terms u can understand. i asked lots of questions but i still lost my baby and had to have a D&C yesterday. I have made the decision to try again as soon as possible because i have waited 9 years for a baby. I don't want to wait anymore. But that is a personal decision between you and your partner. when u feel ready to try again go for it. as for the sadness and confusion i am going through that now. i will pray for you......

Spotlight: Member Stories

Christina - Texas - Married to DH May 2003, 1 D/S Oct-2003, 1 M/C April 2010, 2nd M/C possible Twins 6/2010 currently TTC #5/6 was a member of the We...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.