Skip to content
unknowns of 1st miscarriage
ilovedear posted:
just had a miscarriage one week ago. i never really bled very much all week but then today the bleeding went crazy. can anyone tell me how long the bleeding lasted after a miscarriage? also wondering when i should expect my next period?

BabySamba responded:
So sorry for your loss. I had my mc in September. My first child. I was 6 1/2 weeks. I bleed for one good week at a steady flow. I then started my cycle 2 weeks later. It was a short cycle but I haven't had any problems. It has been just about 8 months and no luck. I'm trying to stay positive. Good luck to you.

ilovedear replied to BabySamba's response:
Thanks for your response. The dr was in a big hurry at the office since I wasn't a planned visit. I didn't have the thoughts or energy at the time to ask about my next period. Right now, he's worried about fibroid tumors only, not me getting pregnant again. I'm so sorry to hear that you have been trying for so long since your miscarriage. Not everyone gets how hard that is. Thanks again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

In January 2010 I gave birth to what I assumed would be my last baby. I went on the pill after her birth. She was having some minor complications so m...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.