Skip to content
Went for my first ultrasound but the baby didnt have a heartbeat
An_187305 posted:
Its been hard especially since this is the first pregnancy with my husband and it came at such an unexpected time. I was suppose to be 11 weeks but the baby passed away around 7 weeks, it was an incomplete miscarriage and i had to take misoprotol to pass the tissue. I was just wondering do things get better emotionally? Also is it normal to bleed more than a week after taking that medication?

BethanyLynne237 responded:
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I had this happen in December. I had a D&C so I can't answer your question about misoprotol, but I can attest to the emotional aspect. It was the hardest thing my husband & I have had to deal with. We were 9 weeks along and went in for the ultrasound and the baby didn't have a heartbeat and she said it grew to about 6 weeks. It would've been our first too.

We decided to give our baby a unisex name, Lane. Lane means "to move on." This is special to us, as we believe that our baby has moved on to heaven. We know that someday we will get to meet Lane, and we look forward to that day. You might want to give it a name too, to honor it.

It gets easier to deal with but it is still something I think about every day. I've had to lean on my faith and draw strength from other women who have gone through the same thing. It's more common than I realized and a lot of woman have had to go through the same pain, loss and disappointment. I would recommend getting connected to a church and getting a support system through that. I've been focusing on a verse from the Bible that has been encouraging. Revelations 21:4. You might want to check it out.

We got the green light to try again in March. It's June now and we are still praying for our next baby. It's really hard to see pregnant women right now as I should have a big belly too. I know next month will be really hard.

Let me know if I can help you in any way. Sometimes just talking helps a lot.

Take care,
-Bethany

BabySamba responded:
So sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage at 6 1/2 weeks. I took the same medication. I only bled for one good week very heavy and spotted lightly for a couple of days. It has been a hard road. I struggled for awhile. What finally helped was planting a bush in the name of my baby. I feel so much better. I will never forget but I am not crying and hurting all the time. It is coming up to 8 months on the 21st. I'm sad that I still am not pregnant but I'm trying to be positive. Good luck to you. Take care.

dlarpenter replied to BethanyLynne237's response:
Thankyou i might just do that it does help to know that I am not the only one going through the same thing, Im not really home that much just on weekends because i am in the military but my husband also suggested that talking with someone at our church would help. My body is finally feeling like things are going back to normal now, and it seeems not too hard as it was to let my family know what happened versus shutting them out for weeks.

-Danielle-

Spotlight: Member Stories

I lost my baby Raymond Lee on Febuary 14, 2011. I miss my angel and I think and about him EVERYDAY . "Raymond mommy loves you and you are not F...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.