Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Miscarraige at 21 weeks:(
An_187309 posted:
I am 20 years old. I had my ultrasound at 20 weeks and found out I was having a baby girl. I had a name picked out....Ryleigh Noelle. I miscarried in week 21. I think I am taking things fairly well. Sometimes I find myself crying and don't know why. The father didn't even know I was pregnant bc I had just found out on week 20 that I was pregnant...I had no symptoms or weight gain just cramps. Since that father does not know I am dealing with this greif alone which is very hard...just trying to get myself back to normal.

bummedoutmama responded:
While I understand you not telling the father, it may be helpful and bring you closer together if he is aware of the situation, otherwise I think you may have a hard time trully coping and grieving the loss. I only knew I was pregnant for 1 week when I lost my baby as well 2 weeks ago and similar to you my husband didn't know we lost the baby until the day after as he works out of town. I was confirmed pregnant at a clinic one day and within literally 4 days I began bleeding and cramping painfully (i had been cramping for a few days but figured I was just in the implanting stage) I went to the ER where they determined I was losing the baby who was maybe only 1 week old at most. I made the choice to not call my husband that night at the ER because I knew he would have guilt and think he needed to rescue me. I told him the next morning and he did take it extremely hard as well even though we only knew for a few days. Its incredible how quickly we fall in love with the life inside us.

I know this is a lot, I felt the need to tell you because I lost my baby 2 weeks ago and while somedays I feel ok with it and know it happened for a reason that I could not prevent, other days I find myself pulling back from everyone including my husband. I know you will do whats right for you, but having someone to grieve with may be what you need.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two boys, 6 and 3. I love my children and my husband. I recently delivered a little boy who some are saying is considered a miscarria...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!