Skip to content
Miscarriage after 5 weeks
sarahteacher posted:
This was my first pregnancy and I'm feeling so empty inside. I think one of the hardest things for me to deal with is that I felt pregnant. Starting to have all those symptoms I had heard about, like bigger boobs, constant trips to the bathroom, exhaustion, were so fun in a way. It meant that I was having a baby! Once I knew that I was beginning to miscarry, those symptoms started going away. Even though I was only 5 weeks, not "feeling" pregnant anymore makes me feel so empty.

cschultz10 responded:
I know how you feel. I took a test on June 17 on a hunch because I had sore boobs and some nausea and I got a faint positive line. I didn't know what to think... we weren't even officially trying yet. I was excited and scared all at the same time. I took another test that afternoon and then another on June 20th and all were positive. I was excited! Sadly it wasn't to be. On the 24th I started spotting very lightly and it just kept increasing little by little each day. I saw the Dr. on June 27th for hormone test but before I could even get the results I started bleeding more heavily. It was Tuesday morning, June 28 when I started miscarrying. My birthday and our 8th wedding anniversary. All I could do was lay in bed and cry.

Every day gets a little better, though, and soon we will try again. Know that you are not alone. Best of luck to you : )

bummedoutmama responded:
Sorry to here this sarahteacher. I too miscarried 4 weeks ago tomorrow....i was maybe about 1-2 weeks preganant doc thinks since my levels were sooo low and that my 1st pregnancy test was negative and days later positive. Anyway, I do agree that for some women we just "feel"different. Sure some of it is probably psychological but even before I was confirmed pregnant I was wanting naps on weekends. I get the feeling empty all to well....each day is a little less painful, but I will say every week since when Wednesday rolls around I find myself thinking....I would have been nearly 4 weeks and 5 and so on. My cycle still hasn't reset so we can't try again yet......kinda feels like I am waiting for something that just doesn't wanna come.

cshultz....while I did not lose my baby on my birthdayor anniversary, I still can relate. My miscarriage started 4 weeks ago tomorrow, while my husband was out of town at work and I was alone.....if you look at a calender this is just days before Father's Day...needless to say it is one we will never forget and for all the wrong reasons. Just keep hanging in and posting thoughts....even if nobody replies to some of your posts....i find it therapeutic just to let it all out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two boys, 6 and 3. I love my children and my husband. I recently delivered a little boy who some are saying is considered a miscarria...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.