Skip to content
Trying to deal
MissingmyJ posted:
Hi... Just want to say sorry for your loss.... I recently lost my son at 18 1/2 weeks and am still devastated.. I have been with my fianc? for 9 years in October and have been trying to conceive right away. I found out I was pregnant in march and was super excited. All of my check ups were great and the heart beat was strong. on July 6th I had went in for my routine check up with some cramping and the doc said it was normal to have cramps. We heard the baby's heartbeat and I felt at ease. An hour later my water bag busted. My life was turned upside down. I rushed to he hospital and found out that I had to deliver him. I still can't come to terms with the fact that I am not pregnant. I still feel something moving in my stomach. My fianc? wants to try again. As bad as I want to be a mom I am so scared to put myself in that situation again. My sister in law is 10 weeks pregnant and rubbing it in my face. So not fair. I just need someone who gets it to talk to.

jjwl100 responded:
I am so sorry. I totally understand. I was only 11 weeks along and went through most of the miscarriage at home which was horrible enough but I can't imagine what you had to go through. But I know how it feels to be afraid to get pregnant and go through it again. My Dr told me to wait a few months so its nice to know that I have some time before I need to make any decisions. I think my husband is more afraid than me. I don't know your situation with your sister in law, but it may be that you are just understandably upset and sensitive to the subject of pregnancy. And if she has never been through it herself, she has no idea how hard it is. She may not even realize that you feel like she is rubbing it in. My own sister who has never experienced a miscarriage and who has a 2 month old baby was full of advice even though she can't relate. I know she means well but unless you have been through it yourself there's no way to understand how someone who has lost a pregnancy is feeling. The books what to expect when you're expecting and what to expect before youre expecting have some good information about losing a baby. It helped me a lot. Good luck and God bless.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two boys, 6 and 3. I love my children and my husband. I recently delivered a little boy who some are saying is considered a miscarria...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.