Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Miscarriage
Anon_236188 posted:
I am 25 years old. On August 1st,2011, my doctor confirmed I was pregnant; my HCG level was 35. On 08/03/11, she was not sure because my HCG level dropped to 10, which was very low (but still I was pregnant since it is over 5). Well, on 08/04/11, I started bleeding heavily with menstrual like cramps. Automatically, I knew I was having a miscarriage because I have been doing a lot of research before attempting to get pregnant. I visited my doctor, and she confirmed that I am having a miscarriage. Since then, I have been crying. I have been trying to get pregnant for 10 months now. I am scared because my parents have only one child(me). My grandparents on my mom side has only one child(my mom). My great grandparents had only one child(my mom's dad). I wish I could stop crying but I can't. It is so hard, and my husband is going on with his life as if nothing happens. Please help me. Thanks.

Take the Poll

How long did you wait before getting pregnant after a miscarriage, and having a successful pregnancy?
  • 1 month
  • 2 months
  • 3 months
  • 6 months
  • More than 6 months
vote
View Poll Results

vybe77 responded:
Hi there..

(((HUGS))) for what you're going through..I know that losing a pregnancy is very difficult and I find that its especially hard when you had just found out and hadnt even had time to enjoy it..
I also miscarried last week..I found out on july 25th and was 5 weeks along and 1 week later I went to the ER because I was spotting and wanted to reassure myself that all was well..
With my son (who is almost 3) I spotted also from week 5-6 so I figured it was the same thing..
After taking some blood and getting the results the Dr. sat me down and told me that for a 6 week pregnancy my levels (215) were considered low and that I was probably starting a miscarriage..by the next day I was and am now back to spotting as it all started out..
Its sad when these things happen but I try to tell myself that there is a reason for everything that happens..I know that is not something you want to hear but it has helped me to put things in perspective..
My fianc?e and I tried to conceive all year last year and only ended up pregnant once and we lost that pregnancy at 6 weeks along..we then decided to stop trying and this last pregnancy was a complete surprise (as was the miscarriage)
I dont know what the futur hold for us but I tell myself that if its meant to be then it will be.. in the meantime take the time you need to heal from this..yes husbands and boyfriends dont take the same route when it comes to dealing with these things..some men act like its nothing but they are not the ones that had a life growing inside them so it is not the same emotion for them either..
I hope he is being supportive to you though and if you need anything you can always come and talk with us here..we are always glad to listen and offer some words of comfort..
Take care of yourself and keep us posted

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.