Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Miscarriage at 6 weeks
An_239625 posted:
Hi guys! I am alone and need to help plus ways to cope with the loss of a baby at 6 weeks 6 days. What are some ways to help me get through this? Also is it normal for me to be obsessed with looking in to ways this might of happen? I just want to blame myself.

brokenbyakiss responded:
It's never a good feeling. That's about how far I was the first time. I had to go through it alone because nobody knew except for my bf and I rarely get to see him. It was definitely hard the first time... or any other time. I had another one after that.
I wanted to blame myself at first, questioning everything I did during that time that might have possibly caused it. You just have to keep in mind that even though there are things you can do to help, the majority of early miscarriages are result of chromosomal defects... nothing you could have done.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Hugs. I am sorry for you loss. It is normal to feel like you need to find a reason as to why it happened. However as my provider told me when I had my m/c (should have been between 7 and 11 weeks but only measured 5w3d when I started spotting) that there is a 20% chance of m/c in all pregnancies within the first trimester. The reasoning tended to go toward a chromosomal defect in the embryo and your body detected it and instead of making a life it decided it would be better if it didn't. although being told this did help some nothing really takes the pain away. I read everything I could read on miscarriage. I also took long walks. There were quite a few people at work that knew I was pregnant and so I would constantly get the questions of how the pregnancy was going even months after which would break my heart again. Keeping yourself busy was how I got through some of my days. You will have good days and bad days. It does get better but never really goes away and when you get pregnant again the fear of it happening again will come back. However when you conceive the second time you are less likely to miscarry again. And most women who have had a miscarriage go onto have a healthy pregnancy. The other place I looked for guidance because this board at the time did not have many people on it, I went on the trying to conceive after loss board. Some of them have been there for a long time and have good advice. I was there for approximately 6 months. They are all so sweet and have their own stories they could share and ideas. The main thing is not to blame yourself. It was nothing that you did that caused this. I wish you the best and if you need to talk let me know. Hugs

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two boys, 6 and 3. I love my children and my husband. I recently delivered a little boy who some are saying is considered a miscarria...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!