Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What to expect
nicram8683 posted:
Hello all, I found out I was finally pregnant after about 15 months of trying on 9/8. On 9/15 when I went in for my 3rd BETA, it had dropped by half. Rechecked on 9/16 and it dropped another half. The highest it got was 55. The Dr. told me that I should start a period this weekend and so I would miscarry naturally. I was only 4w5d when it stopped developing. She said that it should not be heavy because my lining was still so thin. But now its Sunday and I do not have any cramping, spotting or bleeding. I am just waiting for this to start & I have been an emotional wreck the last few days. I just want it to be over, but instead I just keep thinking about it still being inside me & not coming out (sorry). I just want to move on but I feel stuck because nothing is happening. This is my first experience with this & I don't know how long its supposed to take. Thanks.

mlk240 responded:
Nicram

I am so sorry for your loss. I have had 2 natural MC, and sometimes it takes a couple of days for the bleeding to start. If you haven't started bleeding in the next couple of days, I would recommend calling your doctor. If it is something that really bothers you, you may be able to discuss options to speed things along.

Best of luck to you,
Randi

BridgetBurke responded:
So sorry for your loss nicram8683. I just had an m/c on Sept 14. I was 5 wks 4 days. I have not started bleeding either. My dr said that my hcg levels need to drop to negative and then I should start in a few days bleeding.I go for another BETA on Monday. We have to use Clomid to conceive and the dr said that my uterus needs 2 months to fully recover to reduce the chances of another miscarriage. This is my 2nd. We had one in Nov. I would call your dr if you don't start bleeding by Friday or experience any abnormal or intense pain. That's what my dr said. Best of luck to you next time.

Bridget.

nicram8683 responded:
Thank you both for your kind words. I started having some spotting today so I am guessing the process has begun. I have read that you are your most fertile in the 3 months following a miscarriage, and that if you have a natural miscarriage that you dont have to wait so long to try again. I will go in this week to meet with the Dr. so hopefully I can get some questions answered. We are just ready to try again and so hopeful because we actually know we are able to get pregnant.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married to DH since 2002. We had our daughter in 10/2008. We also have one angel baby ~!~ 2/2/2010, 11 weeks. My husband works long hours...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.