Skip to content
Miscarriage Maybe?
seeshauna posted:
Hello,

I found out I was expecting on 8/29. I had been on clomid for two rounds so we were super excited. I went to my first appt. today and the Dr. did an internal exam and said that the baby was measuring at 6 weeks and I should be 8 weeks according to my lmp. He also didn't see a heartbeat He told me that I may be miscarrying or that my dates could be off?? I'm guessing it's not the latter. So now I have to wait until next week for another u/s to see if there has been any growth or to see if I have a miscarriage before then...we have been trying for almost two years...this is so hard. I'm not sure how I can go through this waiting for a week and then possibly do it all over again. I did start to spot very lightly yesterday. Not red whatsoever just kind of a fleshy color. Does that sound like the beginning? I have a 3 year old son that I had pretty dark spotting with for 3 weeks and all was normal. I'm just so confused!

jnconner responded:
I know what you are going through. I had to be on clomid also. Spotting can be normal, just as long as its not bright red. I had a miscarriage and it started like a period and was bright red. If it gets heavier then call your dr or go to the er. I hope I helped you.

seeshauna replied to jnconner's response:
I am so sorry for your loss The next day I started bleeding like my period. I called the Dr. and he said that I will probably misscarry on my own and to make sure i'm not soaking a pad in an hour. Did you have a d&c? I am so scared of having medical procedures done and I am hoping I don't have to have one. I've been bleeding and cramping for two days now...not super heavy but do have some large clots *sorry. I assume he'll do an u/s soon to make sure everything is cleared...I just don't know how long it will take and he didn't exactly know either.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm just a girl who likes helping other girls through experiences we share. i went to VCU and my major was political science (minors in english, s...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.