Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
late period, but negative ept
ButterflyBaby1107 posted:
My periods have been kind of irregular lately. I thought I would get my period this weekend, but it has not showed up yet. Having symptoms of sore breasts, fatigue, and just plain feeling yucky. I can't tell if it is PMS or Preggers. It stinks that they have the same symptoms! So I took an EPT and it said negative. Guess I will have to keep waiting and find out what happens... Any advise or other ways to tell if you are pregnant?

ButterflyBaby1107 responded:
Still no period. I have taken two hpt, both said negative. Breasts are still sore. This is driving me nuts! I want to know what is going on with my body.

reb_hun replied to ButterflyBaby1107's response:
sorry about the lack of responses here. but i'm here to help there is a slight chance you could be preggo but you might have to wait another week to test if you haven't gotten your period yet. sorry that i couldn't be of more help. if in a week you still haven't gotten your period and you are still testing negative then i would go to the doctor just to make sure it isn't anything else. good luck!

jennerb1982 replied to reb_hun's response:
Sounds like my 1st cycle trying, 39 days! talk about frustrating. When you're TTC its seems almost cruel that AF and Preggo symptoms are the same, its tough because in the back of you're mind you're excited for sore breasts, and if you're like me get you're hopes up. Here's to hoping for you!! And if you find another way to find out let me know ASAP

tikitiki19 responded:
My dr told me that despite what ept and others advertise, might not show accurate results on anything but a blood test for 2 weeks after missed period...

ButterflyBaby1107 responded:
Now today I am sick with sore throat and stuffed up sinus. I think my period is starting now, noticed some spotting. It is so frustrating, period being a week late. Talk about an emotional roller coaster!

Spotlight: Member Stories

ttc since April 2010. Diagnosed with pcos in May 2011.

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.