Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
5 weeks - negative/positive HPT ?
firsttimerr posted:
Hi ladies - from the pregnancy calendar it shows I should be around 5wks; is it too early for a positive HPT ? I've been testing for a week now and still getting negative. I'm curious if any ladies that are actually pregnant got a BFN around 5wks then tested a week later and got a BFP ?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear firsttimerr,

Home Pregnancy Tests can show a positive as early as five days before your period is due. That is approximately 9-10 days after conceiving or about 3 1/2 weeks pregnant.

If you're getting all negatives at five weeks, then you're probably not pregnant. You might want to see your doctor and get a blood test to make sure.

Yours in health,

Byroney

firsttimerr replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for your reply - I guess because I didn't get my period; I got what I thought was my period on the 24th only bleed lightly for 3 days; barely anything on tissue when I wiped. I thought that might've been implantation bleeding. My doc can't see me until Aug 31st so hopefully by then I miss my August period all together & HOPE TO SEE A BFP !!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 24 years old and i have been datin a guy since march 27th. of course we had sex but without protection. i took 3 pregnancy tests since then and t...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful