Skip to content
5 weeks - negative/positive HPT ?
firsttimerr posted:
Hi ladies - from the pregnancy calendar it shows I should be around 5wks; is it too early for a positive HPT ? I've been testing for a week now and still getting negative. I'm curious if any ladies that are actually pregnant got a BFN around 5wks then tested a week later and got a BFP ?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear firsttimerr,

Home Pregnancy Tests can show a positive as early as five days before your period is due. That is approximately 9-10 days after conceiving or about 3 1/2 weeks pregnant.

If you're getting all negatives at five weeks, then you're probably not pregnant. You might want to see your doctor and get a blood test to make sure.

Yours in health,

Byroney

firsttimerr replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for your reply - I guess because I didn't get my period; I got what I thought was my period on the 24th only bleed lightly for 3 days; barely anything on tissue when I wiped. I thought that might've been implantation bleeding. My doc can't see me until Aug 31st so hopefully by then I miss my August period all together & HOPE TO SEE A BFP !!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Fiancee and I have been together since 2003..we have a reconstructed family. A little bit of his (DD Rinoa, 9) and a little bit of mine (DD Emily, 10 ...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.