Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question
Smilyn posted:
Hey!

Haven't been on in a while, no need to, as everything has been the same. Bah. But I've got a question for you all that maybe you could help with.

Hubby & I definitely had sex during the "right" time last month - I was tracking it by a calendar, cervical mucus and BBT. (I have now invested in ovulation test strips for the upcoming month...but, anyways...) Of course last week, I still got my period. It lasted 5 days (usually I go about 7), but normal flow and such. Not overly heavy, and cramps weren't even bad. Can't really complain, to be honest.

Anyways, period ended Monday morning. Tuesday, Wednesday and now today - I've noticed a lot more "cervical mucus" down there. Obviously I can't be ovulating already...can I? And I doubt I'm pregnant with just getting my period.

What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Smilyn,

Sorry you haven't had an luck yet getting a BFP. While "most" women ovulate in the middle of their cycle (about 14 days), your body doesn't have to be "average." That's one reason we tell women there is no "safe" time in their cycle when they cannot get pregnant, since we don't know who is ovulating when from month-to-month.

Getting strips sounds like it was a good idea, and keep tracking everything. Here's our Cycle, Fertility, and Ovulation slideshow that might be helpful if you haven't seen it yet. Our Infertility and Reproduction Guide might give you some hints, too.

Best wishes and baby dust,

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

Have been on a 28 day cycle for a long while now (every since I could remember). Should have started on 4/5 but as of today, I still have not had my p...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.