Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Had my period 2 weeks ago, have light bleeding now...is it implantation bleeding??
Phoenixfire1087 posted:
Sex and pregnancy is pretty hush hush in my home, so I don't know too much. I've been having protected sex with my bf for some time now. I'm not on the pill because I can't afford it without my parents insurance, but we use condoms all the time with spermicide (until this week when we found out I was allergic). And whenever I have my period we stop.

Getting to my question though, I had my period exactly 21days ago. And then out of no where yesterday I had light bleeding and today it's been the same. I usually have irregular cycles but I never got a period early, always late. I took a pregnancy test from the dollar store and it came back negative, but I've been wondering if I should take another one.

The only symptoms I've had was increase urge to pee last week, but it's gone away. I feel like some other symptoms might be in my head from worry, like a little nausea... My friend who is already a mom thought it might be implantation bleeding. I was just curious to what others thought...Has anyone ever gotten an early super light period? Or could I be pregnant? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lizh1988 responded:
wait a few days and retest

tiggerhokie responded:
I am in the same boat...However, I am now on day 43 without a period. I had light spotting on the 7th and the 11th. Doctor says not to worry...4 pregnancy tests have been neg....last one on the 23rd. BF thinks I just didn't ovulate.

Phoenixfire1087 replied to lizh1988's response:
Taking another test on Wednesday. My bleeding has gotten a little heavier,but it's still pretty light, so I'm thinking that it might actually by my period. I still think it's strange though.

nanis4 replied to Phoenixfire1087's response:
same boat! had my period 2 weeks ago, then it started up again this week...but it's more spotting than a full flow of a normal period.

Spotlight: Member Stories

ok, im on the implanon bc. on may 3 2011 i had a baby. ever since then my periods start between the 13-15 of every month. last month around the14th i ...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.