Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
possible pregnancy after a Partial Hysterectomy
CURIOUSKIM posted:
This may sound crazy or far fetched, but for the last 4 days, i have experiencing... Posted by Anon_64494 This may sound crazy or far fetched, but for the last 4 days, i have experiencing nausea, dizziness, constant hunger and just the smell or taste of certain things make me want to gag. Could I be pregnant or is this my body throwing off those symptoms for whatever reason??? I still have my tibes, and my ovearies. The surgery was for Fibroids. One of the surgeons stated there really wasn't a need to take the entire Utereus, but, how can a woman funttion on just part of one. The other surgeon said that I was prone to getting them and that's why tey had to remove it., I'm confused.Could I really be pregnant??? The guy that I am dating has A VERY HIGH SPERM COUNT. His little soldiers may have peformed a miracle. Can someone please help me out on this one?? CURIOUSKIM

Take the Poll

Could I really be pregnant?? I'm confused and curious.
  • pregnant
  • something in the air
  • hormones
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Without a uterus, it's pretty near impossible to be pregnant. When the uterus is removed, the top of the vagina is sewn shut so there is no way for sperm to get beyond the vagina.

CURIOUSKIM replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Then how do you explain the symptoms that I have been experiencing?? I know that this all sounds crazy! In my case, the top of my vagina may not be sown up. My surgeon never mentioned anything of that nature to me. I'm just confused at the moment I didn't think that I could be pregnant after a partial myself. But, sometimes only the good LORD knows and can preform miracles

tlkittycat1968 replied to CURIOUSKIM's response:
It could just be hormones. If by some miracle you are pregnant, it would be very dangerous for you and the pregnancy would not survive. Take a test and if it's positive, see your doctor ASAP.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! I am Katie and we're from Toledo, Ohio. I am 21, married, and we have an amazing little 2yr. old boy named Gavin. He's our miracle baby...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful