Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
18 days late - 2 Negative Tests
lindseyJo4986 posted:
My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex. Yes, we are both well aware that we could get pregnant and are okay with that. We are both at a place in our lives where we are committed to each other, financially stable, and ready to have children. My last period was September 15th and I am typically very regular. Per my calendar, I should have started on October 14th. I had no PMS symptoms leading up to this date and when I still hadn't started by October 20th I took a pregnancy test the second I crawled out of bed in the morning. Negative. I thought possibly that I was stressing myself out so waited another week and when I still hadn't started on October 27th, I again took a test first thing in the morning. I am now late 18 days and have had 2 negative pregnancy tests. I don't "feel" pregnant... But I also have never been pregnant. I have noticed that I am more tired, irritable, and nauseous feeling throughout the day, but my breasts are not sore or swollen. Where should I go from here? I was going to wait it out another couple of weeks and see if I get November's cycle.

alli57 responded:
I am in the same boat. I am only 4 days late but am showing several symptoms of pregnancy (tired, breasts are very sore, nausea, etc). I took a test on the first day of my missed period and another today. Both were negative. I am interested in the replies you get. Hopefully we both get some good advice soon!!

lindseyJo4986 replied to alli57's response:
I took another test last night and it came back negative! Thought I would try a different time of day! I should be starting my next cycle on the 12th. We shall see soon enough!

Good luck with your situation and let me know how it goes!

raziejonjon responded:
I am 9 days late, and have even had a blood test. I have all the signs so I am worried I am having a false pregnancy. You should definately make an appointment with your Gyno and see if they can do the blood test, and maybe a work up to test your hormones. I think I may be taking my own advice as well petty soon! Good luck!

vybe77 replied to raziejonjon's response:
Hello Ladies,
My last P started Sept. 16th and that made me about 2 weeks late last Friday...i was on cd 44 and so went into the clinic for blood work since I had taken several hpt's and all were negative...well irony had it happen that after peeing for the sample they needed when I wiped there was the beginning of my very late P...
Ive got 4 kids already and have never been late unless pregnant... I too had all the symptoms right down to the implantation bleeding and the nausea...
The clinic thinks it might have been a blighted ovum which in turn became a chemical pregnancy...my egg was fertilized and implanted but then baby didnt progress the way it should have...
Gl to all of you in getting your results
Mom of 4~ Emily (10), Rinoa (9), Kody (8)

lindseyJo4986 responded:
Still no period. I am due on Friday for November. I took another test this past Saturday and it was negative. Does anyone know any other reasons that someone would miss a period if they have never been irrgular?

tlkittycat1968 replied to lindseyJo4986's response:
It's possible you did not ovulate and no ovulation usually means no period. If you miss a second period and are still getting negative results, see your doctor.

lindseyJo4986 responded:
I called my Dr's office today and talked to a nurse as the Dr will be out of the office until tomorrow. I told her that my last period was September 15th, I missed October's period, and was now late for November's. She told me that she would pass along to the Dr but a lot of times what they will do is put you on something to "jump start" your period. Does anyone know about this sort of thing? What if I AM pregnant? The nurse didn't ask me any questions and I didn't get a chance to share with her on anything else, like not being on BC for over a year and having unprotected sex. Nervous about this "jump start" thing!

An_185816 replied to lindseyJo4986's response:
I'm in a similar situation. My husband and I are trying to conceive and my period 17 days late. I am never late, always like clockwork. I've taken several hpt and a blood test at the dr. Dr said i could take provera to jump start my period but i didnt want to put hormones in my body when i'm trying to get pregnant. So dr said i could just wait it out and if I dont start within another week and def. within 2 weeks call back for another blood test. Just dont know what to think.

lindseyJo4986 replied to An_185816's response:
Thank you for your input! I'm not too keen on this whole idea!

NickiCece replied to lindseyJo4986's response:
My story is very similar to yours-the only thing is that I stopped taking birth control in September. I finished out my pack and got my period on September 30th. I haven't had a period since it is now day 43 and two negative tests. I had a lot of symptoms and thought it would be either my period or I could be pregnant, but neither. Has anyone else had the problem of not getting their period after birth control? My husband and I would love to start TTC but really can't when my cycle seems to be absent!

ohiomamaw replied to lindseyJo4986's response:
My daughter went through the same thing at one tome and the dr gave her a pill and told her it would "jump start her period". They had given her pregnancy tests and they were negative. After she took 1 of the pills I had to take her to the er, she had a miscarriage. I would not recommend taking the pill at all!!!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i am 29 and my husband is 43 and we are thinking about starting our own family, however we are new at this so my question to anyone is should we ha...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.