Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Had normal period but random bleeding 9 days later
avasmommy2011 posted:
Ok so i had my normal 4 day period and everything seemed fine.Me and my husband had sex the evening i got off my period and then 9 days later i spotted (maybe a little more than just spotting but not as heavy as a period) for like a day and then now 3-4 days later i am spotting again.But the spotting is only lasting one day. Could i be pregnant? And this be implantation bleeding? During the spotting i am not cramping or anything. I have had heartburn and some nausea and tender breasts. I have been pregnant twice before but yet i still cant tell if thats what it is or not. But i will say in my 21 yrs of life i have never had random bleeding after my period. Has anyone ever experienced these symptoms? Me being pregnant is not an issue...we have been trying for a year or so since i got my Mirena taken out.I just wanna get some advice before i get my hopes up.thanks in advance for your replies
FirstPrevious12NextLast

wmatto83 responded:
It sounds like pregnancy symptoms. Did you have sex when you ovulated? And it is possible to be implantation bleeding.

marsharileylamont responded:
ok......i've been there before nd believe mid-cycle bleedings are quite annoying.

as u get older ur body changes...ie: hormone levels change.

coincidentally the same symptoms of pregnancy are the same as premenstrual symptoms and hormonal changes.

if u want to find out if ur preg...do a test or get a pelvic exam done.

best of luck hon

avasmommy2011 replied to wmatto83's response:
well i havent figured that whole ovulation thing out yet but we had sex the night after i got off my period which would of been December 24th and then another time like 4 days later.so ya.like i said before if i am pregnant thats not an issue we have been trying for some time so it would be a blessing in disguise.i just wanted to get some feedback before i went out and got a test. but basically this week is when my next scheduled period is supposed to be so since i have had two days of random bleeding if i dont start on time then i will know that was definitely implantation bleeding that i had and i will go ahead and get a test.thankyou for your advice.

avasmommy2011 replied to marsharileylamont's response:
know that you can have the same symptoms for pregnancy and premenstural hormonal stuff. cuz believe me i have had some messed up symptoms before my period that made everyone think i was pregnant but i have never bled before between periods except for when i was on birth control which hasnt been for several years.so ya thanks for the advice.my scheduled period is supposed to be this week so if i dont start on time then i will know that what i had was implantation bleeding and i will go ahead and get a test and hope for the best.

marsharileylamont replied to avasmommy2011's response:
first response is a good test........use that one......keep us posted hun...

i look forward to reading all you guys comments......atleast i dont feel alone out here

marsharileylamont replied to avasmommy2011's response:
(clapping).....i'm crossing my fingers .....yeah....

avasmommy2011 replied to marsharileylamont's response:
Just wanted to let everyone know i took a home pregnancy test this morning and it was positive.thanks for all the encouragement i will keep you posted.

bwalker90 replied to avasmommy2011's response:
congratulations on your test results hun! i'm going in a few hours to find out if i am or not hope i'm as blessed as you

bwalker90 replied to avasmommy2011's response:
congratulations on the test results hun! i'm going in a few hours to find out if i am or not i hope i'm as blessed as you are

marsharileylamont responded:
congrats... i'm super happy for you. have a wonderful and safe pregnancy.

i'm still crossing my fingers just the same for myself also. since i spotted in december i still have not had my period, hpt came back negative last month but i'm still hopeful. my doc put me on prenatal vitamins last week but he also said that it would be too early to detect any physical changes in my womb. i still experience all the typical signs of preg so wish me luck

shellhart03 replied to avasmommy2011's response:
Congrats! I also have an Ava! she is 4 1/2... but I wanted to ask you a question about your timing! So you had sex 24th of Dec. after your P... when did you test positive? I am around the same time frame and testing negative but feel so pregnant! Thanks and congrats on your wonderful pregnancy!!!

hoping29 replied to avasmommy2011's response:
Congratulations! You have given me hope because I have had the exact same symptoms as you and around the same time frame. If I am pregnant this will be my first pregnancy, so I'm flying blind here! Lol! My heartburn and nausea as well as a full feeling come and go, but I can test in a week or so. I had the spotting too, and have never had that before, so I'm thinking something is different.

avasmommy2011 replied to shellhart03's response:
ok ya i had sex the 24th(christmas eve night) which was the day after i got off my period and then i just took the test on the 19th of this month and it was positive.it also could be too early to tell.all woman are different.mine was a very light line but its still is positive.i would wait a week and if still no change you need to go to your doctor and tell them you want a blood test done cuz blood dont lie.good luck

avasmommy2011 replied to hoping29's response:
goodluck hun.believe me i wasnt expecting this.i have had weird symptoms before and really thought i was pregnant and then it would always end up negative.i had seriously started to think that i wasnt going to have any more children.and honestly when i went in to take the test this time i was just expecting negative cuz thats what it always has been when i feel this way but it wasnt it was positive and i am having my third child now.just keep your head up.and if you need anything feel free to talk to me anytime.

Helpful Tips

tip
have heard the same thing from my sister who is the mother of five so this is more then likely true.. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful