Skip to content
So much going on, not sure what to think????
amandapotts84 posted:
My husband and I have been trying to conceive since July 2010; I was having normal periods (except october when my period was a week late, but was right on schedule for Nov.)....I was not schedule to start my period until December 21st, however on December 13th at a christmas party one night as I used the restroom I some very slight spotting, only noticed it on the toilet paper with a small piece of tissue (only noticed it on the toilet paper twice when i used the restroom)...i used the restroom later that night before i went to bed and no bleeding or spotting.

My period never came on December 21st..i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. As of a week late, still no period..took another pregnany test came out negative. Now on December 30th i had some very light spotting for maybe an hour (not even enough to use a panty liner with), another day went by and on Jan 1st i though for sure i was going to start my period cuz i had some spotting a little here and there thoughout the day, but it went away..waited another day nothing...on Jan. 4th i had some more spotting (but only in the evening time) and now i have had nothing. The spotting that I have been having has only been noticeable on the toilet paper and maybe a little spot a panty liner that is it.

I havent' taken another pregnancy test since December 28th, but I am beside myself with what is going on. I thought the small bleeding i had on December 13th was implantation bleeding, but I would have though that a pregnancy test would have shown positive by now if I was pregnant, but with me not having a period and only very little spotting every couple of days...I am not sure what is going on....anyone one? I would love some feedback...

Thanks,

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Two situations:

1. You are pregnant and are just not showing on the tests. It's not uncommon for that to happen.

2. You did not ovulate and usually no ovuation means no period.

I wouldn't be to concerned at this point but if you miss a second period and are still getting negative results, see your doctor.
Proud mommy to PJ (3)

amandapotts84 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I have always had normal periods my entire life..each period last three days and is normally mild heavy.

How long does it take for my pregnancy hormone to show? I have read that it can take up to 3-4 weeks after your missed period...

Also why would i all of sudden 13 years not ovulate? I haven't been under stress, so I'm beside myself.

I am actually going on 3 weeks and 2 days late and the spotting has been going on for a week now on and off....normally skips a day and spots for like an hour then stop. I called the nurse to my obgyn and she said that it could be stress causing me not to ovulate, but i am not under any stress and wasn't even during the holidays.

I had some slight cramps last night while laying down in bed, but not like period cramps (normally my period cramps i have to take some type of medication to have them subside) these cramps i did not.

So how long does it take for my pregnany hormone to show up?

Spotlight: Member Stories

After struggling with fibromyalgia for most of my life and having difficulties controlling it with medicine, I finally found relief without meds! With...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.