Skip to content
My period only lasted 2 days, could I be pregnant?
An_186557 posted:
A little background on me: I am 26 years old, healthy, in an exclusive relationship. We do not use condoms and I stopped taking birth control pills in December 2010.

I started my period two days late, which isnt unsual for me, on March 4, 2011. The period seemed normal, was light-medium but what was very unsual was it only lasted two days. By March 6, i was no longer bleeding and then I had some spotting on March 8, only when I wiped. This is very very unsual for me as my periods have always lasted at least 5 days. I am not sure it is relevent but I did have a cold when I got my period. Just your run-of-the-mill cold but thought I would mention it.

I do use a period predictor/ovulation calander app on my phone since I am not on BC . According to my Ovulation calander I was ovulationg February 17-19th (or those where my best 3 days to get pregnant). I had unprotected sex on February 13 and 24th. I have some dull back pain today and I feel "off" and tired. I am also a little nauseas but have not thrown up.

Any courteous input would be much appreciated. I plan on taking a couple tests tomorrow morning, I don't know if it would be too early to take them or not. Thank you!!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If your period was different than usual, you could be pregnant. Some women have period-like bleeding in early pregnancy. It would not be too early to take a test.
Proud mommy to PJ (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to my wonderful husband for three years. We have been together 6 years. Proud parents to two little boys ds 4 and ds 2....currently trying for...More

Helpful Tips

(((KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF DURING YOUR PREGNANCY)))
Wouldn't It be great to go through out your pregnancy without adding those unwanted pounds? Well now you can, and I advise you to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.