Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My period only lasted 2 days, could I be pregnant?
An_186557 posted:
A little background on me: I am 26 years old, healthy, in an exclusive relationship. We do not use condoms and I stopped taking birth control pills in December 2010.

I started my period two days late, which isnt unsual for me, on March 4, 2011. The period seemed normal, was light-medium but what was very unsual was it only lasted two days. By March 6, i was no longer bleeding and then I had some spotting on March 8, only when I wiped. This is very very unsual for me as my periods have always lasted at least 5 days. I am not sure it is relevent but I did have a cold when I got my period. Just your run-of-the-mill cold but thought I would mention it.

I do use a period predictor/ovulation calander app on my phone since I am not on BC . According to my Ovulation calander I was ovulationg February 17-19th (or those where my best 3 days to get pregnant). I had unprotected sex on February 13 and 24th. I have some dull back pain today and I feel "off" and tired. I am also a little nauseas but have not thrown up.

Any courteous input would be much appreciated. I plan on taking a couple tests tomorrow morning, I don't know if it would be too early to take them or not. Thank you!!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If your period was different than usual, you could be pregnant. Some women have period-like bleeding in early pregnancy. It would not be too early to take a test.
Proud mommy to PJ (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 26 yrs old and recently married. We've been together for 5 yrs, so we're ready to get going and have a family. :) So excited to some day ...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful