Skip to content
how long after sex does it take for implantation pains to occur????
Heatherwelch89 posted:
had unprotected sex with my fiance on 4/10 and 4/11, we are trying to have a baby, so my question is how long after sex does it take for implantation pain and symptoms start to occur? im sleeping literally all the time, i feel nauseous, my boobs hurt, and im having like cramping in my lower stomach, my periods not due til around the 28th... any advice is greatly appreciated

hgreenwood7058 responded:
It is generally 6-12 days after ovulation occurs that you may get implantation bleeding. This does not occur with everyone. A lot of people don't get symptoms until their missed period. A lot of the same symptoms of early preg are also pms symptoms. Good luck. you have 11 days meaning that you are a little over half way.

Heatherwelch89 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
okay thanks for your input, its greatly appreciated. the past couple days ive started noticing things more and more, all i do is sleep like ill sleep for 12 hrs be up for 4 than sleep another 5 hrs, like im alot more tired than usual. plus today ive noticed that my breasts are sore to touch, and i've also noticed like a milky white kinda thick discharge (tmi i kno im sorry) but is has been exactly a week since we last had sex

angelicbabe responded:
The generally say between 6-12 for implantation to occur but everyone is different. the waiting games sucks though.

I had sex with my husband on April 2, 7, 14th and the 17th 2 times. lol. yes we can't get enough. My period is not due until April 27th. I am hoping that I conceived on one of these days. lol.. the waiting is what is torturing me right now. i do not have any symptoms except for mild dull abdominal pain..and I spotting on the 8 and 9th of April.

Heatherwelch89 replied to angelicbabe's response:
yes the waiting game does suck, we had sex the 4th, 10th and 11th. and i looked it up and i was fertile on the 10th and 11th. i havent had spotting, but i have had all the symptoms i mentioned previously. and the pain in my lower abs has come back again. its like a mild period cramp. so it looks like we are in the same boat. Goodluck to you

gwennie30 replied to Heatherwelch89's response:
Well first I wish you both luck heatherwelch89&angelicbabe. According to one of the doctors on web md i was told i probably ovulated on 4/11 but on web md it said i ovulated 4/9-4/13. Well me and df dtd on 4/7,4/8 twice each day. My expected af is on 4/25. I've been having early pregnancy symptoms....fatigue I literally slept all day this past sat and could of stayed asleep. My body just feels tired even more, naseau all day comes and goes, my nipples feel tingly, and my areola seems to be getting darker as well. I've decided I'm going to wait until sat moring with my first morning urine and test. I took a early pregnancy test with my dd before my missed af and it came out positive. So sat will make 3days before my expected af. Is it possible I could be pregnant ladies eventhough we only dtd two days....any feedback or responses are always appreciated

gwennie30 replied to gwennie30's response:
I forgot to mention this is my last post I've been experiencing ALOT of lower back pain, I've tried taking aleve 12hr but I recently stopped because if I am pregnant I dont want to be taking medications. I've also been using Bengay and it seems to help until it wears off. The pain just started I"d say like 2wks ago so I'm wondering is this another symptom of early pregnancy? I never had this happen to me before with my other two pregnancies.

Heatherwelch89 replied to gwennie30's response:
good luck to you i didnt have any symptoms with my daughter either, i didnt find out i was pregnant til i was 3.5 months along. so all this is a strange feeling for me. i have had lower back pains also but not that much its mainly just pain/cramping feeling on my right side of my lower abs... plus u do feel nauseous at times throughout the day lately n my breasts have been feeling like super sore pasted few days n they usually dont get sore like this this far away from my af.

gwennie30 replied to Heatherwelch89's response:
So I've decided I'm going to buy a early pregnancy test and I'm going to test Thursday morning with my first morning urine. I'm more the 70% sure I am pregnant. I took a early pregnancy test 3days before my expected period with my dd and it came out positive, so I'm more then sure I'll have results by tomorrow morning.....wish me luck. I'll be sure to come back and let you guys know the outcome.

hgreenwood7058 replied to gwennie30's response:
Good luck to you all, it sounds like you guys are experiencing a fair amount of symptoms. Hopefully they are all postitive. I myself am still doing the waiting game (since I m/c I haven't had a cycle and I am now CD70-10 weeks since the m/c) Good luck!

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Heather,

Depending on when you have ovulated, a released ovum would be fertilized in the fallopian tube and then travel and implant in the uterus or womb. It can take 2 - 5 days for this to occur. But the best way to find out if you are pregnant is to take a home pregnancy test. You need to look at the individual brand's instructions about when to use one. Be sure to use the first morning urine as that is the most concentrated and will give you the most accurate results.

Please see Could I Be Pregnant? FAQS and When to Take a Pregnancy Test for more information.

Have you joined one of our Related Trying to Conceive Communities yet? If you do find out you are pregnant, please visit our Related Pregnancy Communities as there is a community just for you. I recommend the Pregnancy First Trimester Community to start with.

Won't you write back and let us know how you are doing?

- Annie
Visit the Infertility and Reproduction Health Center and the Health and Pregnancy Center for helpful articles.

Heatherwelch89 replied to Annie_WebMD_Staff's response:
am still doing the waiting game, i cant test til tuesday, but i was ovulating the 10th and 11th which was when we last had sex. past couple of days tho my back has been hurting me a lil bit and i have been having cramping like alot in my lower abs. so we shall see how it goes.

MommaHargrave replied to angelicbabe's response:
lol you made me giggle when you said "cant get enough" lol i guess me and my husband are addicts! twice daily. lol at least! has been for 4 years and nver gets boring! When trying to have a baby. Just do it to make love. Not to MAKE. your body knows when your stressed. trying to do something can be stressful. which my prevent conception. just sayin

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Salina and I have 4 children. My oldest (girl) will be 5 on March 21st, my second (boy) will be 4 April 27th, my third (girl) will be 2 on...More

Helpful Tips

Not sure if i am pregnant
I had a lapse between my old birth control and my new one and during that time had sex without protection due to the fact i'm allergic to ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.