Skip to content
I'm needing some advice....
An_186814 posted:
According to my ovulation calendar I had sex on a "really fertile" day. My implantation day was the 7th. I had really bad cramps on the 8th then the next day brown spotting that turned heavy and it's now the 12th and still brown bleeding. My actual period isn't supposed to start until the 16th and my periods are regular and usually last a couple days. I'm now nauseated and light headed. I took a pregnancy test today and came back negative, but I'm still not convinced. Could I be pregnant or something else?

mommyin2011 responded:
there is a possibility that the bleed you had was implantation bleeding. I would wait till your period is supposed to come to take a home preg. test.

good luck to you!!

Implantation bleeding. You may experience some normal spotting within the first six to 12 days after you conceive as the fertilized egg implants itself in the lining of the uterus. Some women don't realize they are pregnant because they mistake this bleeding for a light period. Usually the bleeding is very light and lasts from a few hours to a few days.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Fiancee and I have been together since 2003..we have a reconstructed family. A little bit of his (DD Rinoa, 9) and a little bit of mine (DD Emily, 10 ...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.