Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Late for depo....
Anon_123515 posted:
So, iv been getting the depo shot since august of last year. I was due for one this month, but things got hectic with starting a new job and I forgot. I'm only about a week late for my shot, but had sex twice..... I was just wondering if I'm still safe, or if I should start watching for signs of something going on? I don't get a period with the shot, so besides being late what should I watch for?

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon,

According to WebMD, "with Depo-Provera, you could become pregnant as soon as three to four months after your last shot. However, it may take some women up to a year or two to conceive after they stop using this type of birth control."

The only way to know for sure you're pregnant is with a pregnancy test. But there are early symptoms of pregnancy , such as breast changes, fatigue or morning sickness, that can alert you to the fact that you may be pregnant and should have a test.

Hope that helps! Check out the links for more information.

~Andie

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 24 years old and i have been datin a guy since march 27th. of course we had sex but without protection. i took 3 pregnancy tests since then and t...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful