Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Men and Cuddling...is it true?
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
Just heard a discussion on the radio about this story:

Study Suggests Men Value Cuddling as an Important Ingredient in Relationship Happiness

In short, men value cuddling and caressing as important for their relationship happiness more than women do. Which, of course, is against anything male comedians talk about when it comes to this subject!

What do you think? Are men cuddlers at heart? Do you need a little cuddling to feel secure in your relationship?

meowikins responded:
My BF definitely tries to cuddle more than I do. I tend to get very uncomfortable and fidgety when sitting or lying down so I'm not always up for cuddling. But he is!

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to meowikins's response:
I'm like you, too. I'm not always up for a cuddle when I'm preoccupied. But, I'd want my guy to be my teddy bear when we are relaxing together. Guess it's a timing thing.

I wonder if anyone considers it feminine for a guy to like cuddling. I don't, but I have a girlfriend with a very strong and sort of "power" personality, that does. It makes me sad for her.

What do you think?

ksparky911 responded:
I am a HUGE cuddler, I love cuddling, my boyfriend HATES cuddling. If he's not in a bad mood, he'll usually let me cuddle for a bit, or if I'm sick or upset, I force him to cuddle with me, and while it's not exactly the same, I can usually cuddle up against him in the morning before he wakes up. Of course, if I wake him up, he's not always happy about that, lol...But he also doesn't like to walk hand in hand or anything either. He'll do it if I reach for his hand, but I try to not push him, lol...

But at the same time, I've seen my brother with a few of his girlfriends, and he loves it when they sit in his lap and cuddle with him on the couch, so I'd have to say that cuddling isn't necessarily a male or female thing, it's just something you're either into or not.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am almost 30, married, mother of one 7 year old. I went through 3 miscarriages and a lot of years before I was blessed with my daughter whenever I w...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.