Skip to content
SCARED
JENICA1432 posted:
MY LAST PERIOD WAS OCT 11. I HAVE TAKEN PREGO TEST AND EVEN A BLOOD TEST AND I AM NOT PREGO. WHAT COULD BE CAUSING ME NOT TO HAVE A PERIOD? I AM 33 YEARS OLD, IS IT TO EARLY FOR THE CHANGE?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You've only missed one period. It's not uncommon for a woman to skip a period and not be pregnant. It usually means she did not ovulate and usually no ovulation means no period. It happens to most women. No reason for it happening and usually no cause for concern.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

JENICA1432 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Actually I have missed two periods, I am on a 21 to 24 day cycle.

orin34 replied to JENICA1432's response:
This information is really random and I would hope not even close to your situation but it is worth mentioning just in case. In some cases women can go through menopause early if they have had some sort of serious illness and treatment regimen (For example, cancer.....and thus chemo therapy)

On another note, some people don't show up on tests. You can get into a real argument with people about the reliability of hpt and more specifically the blood test. My SIL was negative on all these tests even when she was 24 weeks along. She insisted on an ultrasound and was NOT surprised (although the doctor was) to see a baby in there.

Because you have now missed two you could go to your OBGYN and get an exam. They will probably do an ultrasound to make sure and also to see if you have any cysts in there that can be screwing up your cycle.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married mother of one child. I had my tubes tied in 2006 but I know there is always the chance of pregnancy. I have been have irregular periods and ...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.