Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy Test Accuracy?
An_241776 posted:
Hey Everybody,

So I am about a week and a half late on my period, and I took a home pregnancy test yesterday morning which came out positive. I then took another one in the afternoon which also came out positive. I decided to take one more this morning and that one came out negative. All three tests were the same brand (BabyConfirm). What should my next course of action be? Should I wait longer and take another home test? Is there a more accurate brand of test I should try? Thanks for your help.

2011wife responded:
Hey what I would do is to stop wasting money on the home pregnacy tests, and make an appointment with your gyno and take a blood pregnancy test. My aunt who is a nurse and worked at clinics told me that the pregnancy hormone shows up first in your bloodstream. So do a blood pregnancy test and whatever the results are, they are the accurate results. I hope this helps. Good luck!!

meganeliza replied to 2011wife's response:
Thank you! Yeah I've heard blood tests are way more accurate.

deehannan replied to meganeliza's response:
this page here is a good resource to show the varying sensitivities of different pregnancy tests. hope it helps

Spotlight: Member Stories

28 year old currently pregnant with baby #1!!! Tried to conceive for 3 years in a past relationship with no luck. Met my current husband and was pregn...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful