Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pregnancy Test Accuracy?
An_241776 posted:
Hey Everybody,

So I am about a week and a half late on my period, and I took a home pregnancy test yesterday morning which came out positive. I then took another one in the afternoon which also came out positive. I decided to take one more this morning and that one came out negative. All three tests were the same brand (BabyConfirm). What should my next course of action be? Should I wait longer and take another home test? Is there a more accurate brand of test I should try? Thanks for your help.

2011wife responded:
Hey what I would do is to stop wasting money on the home pregnacy tests, and make an appointment with your gyno and take a blood pregnancy test. My aunt who is a nurse and worked at clinics told me that the pregnancy hormone shows up first in your bloodstream. So do a blood pregnancy test and whatever the results are, they are the accurate results. I hope this helps. Good luck!!

meganeliza replied to 2011wife's response:
Thank you! Yeah I've heard blood tests are way more accurate.

deehannan replied to meganeliza's response:
this page here is a good resource to show the varying sensitivities of different pregnancy tests. hope it helps

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (37) DH (40) DS (arrived 3/3/11) TTC one more time :-)

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.