Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP!!! PLEASE!!!
beckie_33 posted:
I'm not sure if I could be pregnant. AF showed up 11/3/11 and it was normal, I ovulated on or around 11/12/11 had sex 11/10/11 and again 11/13/11.

I had what I thought was my period again on 11/26/11 but it was very light to just spotting, nothing like normal. My boobs started to hurt around that time.

Again I had what I thought to be my period on 12/21/11 and it was the same. Light to just spotting, again not normal for me.

If I had an actual period on 11/26/11 I would have ovulated around 12/9/11. Because my boyfriend and I were traveling at that time and I wasn't feeling well we didn't do the BD.

My breast have not stopped hurting since Nov and everyday it's worse and I have to pee all the time. I haven't felt any nausea, had food adversions, or any sensitivity to smells.

I took a HPT yesterday and it was BFN but I didn't use FMU. I get up and pee about 3 times a night so i'm not sure exactly when to test.

I don't have insurance so going to a doctor right now for a blood test isn't something I want to do until i'm absolutely sure I am pregnant. I don't want to spend $75-$100 for a DR visit and then the additional money for a blood test if I don't have too. In todays economy money is precious.

Could I be pregnant??? This would be my first child so if anyone has any experience please share.

soontobemommyofdos responded:
I would have to say probably not. From your post you would have gotten pregnant in the middle of NOV. if your still getting negative pregnancy tests I would assume you are not pregnant. Some people do show late on tests tho so if you really think you are you should get the blood test, better safe then sorry

beckie_33 replied to soontobemommyofdos's response:
I took another HPT this morning and it was a BFN, again. If i'm not pregnant I don't understand why my breasts hurt so bad. I didn't feel any lumps when I did a self breast exam. My breasts have never felt this sore before and lasted for so long. I'm not sure what to do.

An_242298 replied to beckie_33's response:
I have been experiencing about the same thing. My last "period" was not at all the flow or length it normally is and I am always regular. I took HPTs and they were negative, so if I'm not pregnant idk why my breasts have been so sore for the past 2 & half weeks, which they never are even before my period comes & they also feel a little fuller this week. I've been sleeping in more and my appetite has increased some to. I don't think I am pregnant but I don't know my body is doing this so I am going to the doctor next week to see what's going on. I want to be sure than sorry. Every woman is different. My mom worked with a lady that bled like she was on her period several months into her pregnancy

beckie_33 replied to An_242298's response:
I don't always have regular periods. They range from 21-29 days in length with the average around 26 days. I can still predict when I will start because I can usually feel when I ovulate and I feel like DTD more. And I have around medium to heavy flow when AF comes to visit.

My breast usually hurt for a few days to a week before I start my period and then the pain is gone. This is completely different. My breasts have never hurt this bad before and it has me worried.

Lucky for me I have a good friend that told me where I could go to get free pregnancy testing done. They only do it on Tuesday's so hopefully I will have some answers then.

Mine is 30 days, I can always tell when mine is coming. my flow is medium to heavy never as light as is was this time. My second day is always heavy but this time I could've used a liner and been fine. Uselly I cramp and want to snack before AF visits but this last time was different, didn't cramp as bad (not really much at all) and didn't want to snack much either.
I'm worried to, my breast have never done this before, I don't feel anything different about them except them feeling fuller. If I am in fact pregnant I want to know for sure so I can be as healthy as I can be for the baby, and if not, then I sure need to know what in the world is going on.
I hope your test turns out how you want it to, and have the answers you need, and that everything is good.

I do about the same. I want to snack before AF or TOM (Time Of Month) as I like to call it. My periods last about 3-4 days with light spotting the day before to light, heavy and light again. This last time I could have just used a liner and been fine. I don't always cramp when TOM shows up. And this last time I didn't cramp at all.

My breasts seem to be getting bigger and more sore and my largest and most comfortable bra doesn't fit very well. I just went out and bought some new bra's a couple months ago and now I have to buy more. It's not easy finding a bra that fits right and in a style and with farbric I like.

My boyfriend is pretty excited about the possibility of being pregnant. He's convinced that I am. I keep telling myself that i'm not so I don't get my hopes up and then find out i'm not pregnant and be really disappointed.

It's all scary because this would be my first. I have 25 nieces and nephew's and i've been the primary babysitter for most of them since birth so I have lots of practice with babies and children. But it's different when it's not your child.

It scares me to think that i'm pregnant. People tell me all the time that i'd be a great mother but it's scary to think of myself that way. I'm only 33 and I don't feel ready to be a mom. I'm sure many women feel this way no matter what age they are.

Mine are always 5 days, and light on day 1 & 5 then med-heavy between. This last one scared me bcuz it's just not normal for me what so ever.
I haven't had to get new bras yet but mine are starting to feel tighter. You are very right, Bras aren't easy to shop for at all.
That is so sweet he is excited! and so cool that you have such a big family! It is different when it's not your own child, I love watching my nieces and nephews but I'm scared to have my own.
I feel exactly how you do. I am 28 and everyone tells me I will be such a great mom, but I am terrified that I will not be. I'm not sure if I am ready but I guess no one is ever 100% ready I guess.
I would feel some better if the father (now my ex) would be with me and excited but we are not together rt now. He wants our child but is scared. I know he'll provide as far as financially but I wanted us to be a family so bad, not like this. But even tho we may not work out, I hope he will be a part of our child's life as much as he can (which is the most important to me) and we can be ok so we can raise our child the best we can.

I hope he wants to be a big part of your childs life if you are pregnant. Sometimes things don't always work out the way we want it to.

I know what it is like to grow up without a father. My parents were divorced when I was five leaving my mom a single mother of 9. My dad never paid a cent in child support so my mom had to do everything on her own. I didn't see my dad alot and my older siblings (other than one) didn't want anything to do with my dad. My parents were divorced because my dad was abusive and my mom was tired of the abuse towards her and my older siblings.

My dad died when I was 9 so I don't have alot of memories of him and my mother never remarried. I always wished that my mom had remarried because I wanted to have a dad who actually loved me. Although I grew up with out a father I was better off without one than with an abusive one. My mom didn't want my younger brother and me to have to put up with the abuse my older siblings did. That was one of the best decisions she ever made.

My younger brother is married and just had his 4th child. He had 2 girls first and didn't have a problem about being a dad but when he found out that the third child was going to be a boy he freaked out. He didn't think he'd make a good father to a boy. My mom had to remind him that he had older siblings that are good fathers dispite the fact the abuse they got and that they can be his examples. He's better now and has an even 4, 2 boys and 2 girls.

I think children need both parents to be an active part in their lives. Whether or not they live in the same house. When one of my brother's got divorced he faught hard to be able to have his 3 sons in his life. And those boys know that they are loved. He's now remarried and has 3 more kids.

I really do hope that your ex will want to be a part of your childs life. It will save a lot of heartache later. But even if you can't be together you can still be a family and eventually the right guy will come along that will love you and your child. I took me 32 yrs before I found someone that respects and loves me for me.

Wow! your mom is amazing! So many women do not get out of that and it's so sad. You have a strong family and ya'll done great by not leting that abuse contuine through ya'll.

I thought we were going to be together, he said he loved but I guess I was fooled, I'll never know tho. I'm just heart broken about it, and feel as he just took advatage of me and that I was nothing to him. He(my ex) didn't grow up in the best family situation, his mom and dad were nver married and he does not get alnog with his step mom, from what I gather his dad isn't faithful and I'm not sure if the step mom is either, his step dad seems ok but I think his mom and the step dad have had bad times while he was grwoning up, as for me, My parents have been togther for 40 years and not that it was or is perfect but they love each very much and have always been faithful.

I also think children need both parents in thier lives. It's very important.

I hope I will find someone that I will love and means it when he tells me he loves me and it just be right for us and we will know we are meant to be. I just really thought it was him. I feel so stupid and like I was nothing to him and I don't think he even cares what he has done to me.

I am so happy for you! I hope to be blessed like that one day.

Just keep your head up and one day you'll find the right person who will truely make you happy.

I almost gave up because I kept dating all the wrong guys. I was enjoying the attention at first and I thought they really cared about me. I also live in a state that is known for getting married early. So at 28 I was considered too old and most of the guys my age were either not getting married or were marrying younger women. Which left women like myself depressed because we wanted to get married but were too old and the older you get it can limit the amount of children you can have.

It sounds like your ex has some issues because of how he grew up. He's probably scared that he'll do the same thing as his parents. I know I fear marrying someone like my dad. The last thing I want is an abusive relationship. Once you are in one it's hard to get out of it.

I am happy that your parents have a good relationship. Those are hard to find these days. Divorce has become so easy and so common and I don't think it should be that easy. I think a childs life is much better when they have two loving parents who love each other and are not afraid to show it.

Thank you! I am trying to.

I am about ready to give up, most of these men seem like they just want one thing and if they don't get it or they see some other girl think is hot and drops you for her or will have her on the side were you wont know. I just can't understand how ppl do that, how women do it either. you shouldn't tell someone you love them when you don't especially when you know that person really has feelings and loves you. It would eat me up, I just couldn't lead some one on like that and hurt them.

I think he has issues to, more now than what I thought he did. He had a 5 year relationship in the past and it ended really bad, both of them ended up cheating on each other. he said after the first 2 years it started going dwn, but he also had some addictions he was dealing with to at the time.

My sister was married at 18 to an abusive guy and when her their daughter was abt 3 months old she finally left him and came back home. She dated a guys that were not that good to her after that but she Finlay met a good man at 35 and they now have a 4 year old daughter and seem to be very happy.

I am so happy they have been able to stay together and be happy and have such a good relationship. It is very easy for ppl to wake up one day and say lets get married and then next week hate each other and divorce. It has ruined what marriage is all about. I think a child needs that mom and dad that love each other and show the child that he or she is loved by both.

Just don't give up. You've seen good things happen to others so you know it's possible. I used to think the same thing as you do until I found a good guy.

I agree with you that most guys only want one thing and if you aren't willing to give it to them then they'll find it somewhere else.

I watched an article online that talked about why men cheat. They said it was because the women weren't pleasing their man. I think that is bogus! The man still had a choice and if didn't think the woman was pleasing him in the way he wanted he should of talked to her about it instead of cheating on her.

It upsets me when someone wants to blame the other person for their own choices. The man choose to cheat, the woman didn't make him do it. Because no one can make you do something you really don't want to do. Even when someone has a gun to your head. You still have a choice. You'll like choose to live so you'll do what the guy with the gun tells you to do, but it's still your choice. Victor Frankl (sp?) who was in the concentration camps during WWII said that even though he had every bit of dignity stolen from him, he still had the choice on how he was going to react to what was done to him.

I took another pregnancy test this morning and it was negative again. I'm starting to wonder what's going on with my body. My breasts are still really sore, I have to pee all the time, I started to cry over a bag a chips, my gums are swelling, and my lower back has been giving me problems. Either the pregnancy tests i've been using are faulty, I haven't made enough of the pregnancy hormone, or I'm not pregnant and I have have something seriously wrong with my body. I wish I knew what was going on.

You are absolutely right about that! I hate it when men say well she wasn't giving me what I needed or whatever blah blah they justify the choice of cheating with. They wont even try to talk to the wife/girlfriend about it, they just find it easier to just go sleep with another woman bcuz they just think it's only sex and that it wont affect their wife/girlfriend. But their woman do it to them and she is a B and ho. I can not stand it how they justify such crap in their mind. I guess so they don't have to feel anything real and be a real man. ticks me off so bad!!

Aw I am sorry

I feel the same way, I just don't know what's going on with me. my having to pee so much hasn't been that bad the last few days but this past week I have been emotional, it will just hit me but it's mainly over him. I am hungry more often than what I was. I was nauseated off and on Friday night and woke up Saturday morning with upset tummy and heart burn and I never ever have heart burn. My boobs still have soreness It started off strong with having to rub them to feel better and now either the soreness is calming dwn or I have just gotten used to it. I feel like my hormones are changing. Can menopause come this early? I hope not but I just don't know what is going on. My appt is Thursday so hopefully I will finally get some answers bcuz I am never sick and never had anything like this happen before.

Hopefully you can get some answers. My boobs are about the same as yours. If I touch them they hurt but not so much if I just leave them alone. And I don't know if that is because i'm getting used to the pain or not. Last night laying in bed it felt like my boobs were on fire. It wasn't painful it just felt weird. They are more sore now but that's because I was over at my mom's and my brother's dog tried to jump up on me and her paws hit a very sensitive spot. She's a lab mix and she insists that she's a lap dog. She's too big to be a lap dog.

I would really like to know what's going on with my body. I have many syptoms of pregnancy but no positive test yet. I need to get a blood test done but I don't have insurance or the money to pay for a doctors visit. A friend of mine told me of a place where they do free pregnany testing, but it's only on Tuesday's and by the time I called them they were all booked for this Tuesday so I have to wait a week. The waiting is killing me.

My boyfriend wants to tell all his friends and his family that I am pregnant but I won't let him. Not until we know for sure.

I worry about what to say to my mom if I am pregnant. I was raised that having premarital sex is bad and you shouldn't do it. Both of my sisters were pregnant before they got married and my mom was hoping that I would be different. She's not very happy with the fact that i'm living with my boyfriend. I am the second youngest and youngest girl of 9 and the only one of my siblings that isn't married, so my mom has a hard time letting go.

In some ways I hope I'm not pregnant so I don't have to say anything to my mom. I don't want the lecture she'll give me. But I also want to be a mom so I hope that I am pregnant. It's too confusing as to what I really want sometimes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I tried to concieve our second child in march. I started feeling queezy and my breasts hurt really bad. I had what I thought was my per...More

Helpful Tips

Am I Pregnant Poll!
If you're wondering if you're pregnant, why not add a Poll onto your Discussion? It's easy--just start a Discussion, then beneath the ... More
Was this Helpful?
100 of 133 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.