Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sore Breasts for Over 2 Weeks & Negative Blood Test
Brisgyrl17 posted:
My breasts have been sore and swollen just a little over 2 weeks now, and I took a pregnancy blood test a few days ago which came up negative. I am 2-3 days out of ovulation, and there is no signs of my breasts returning back to normal. Could I be pregnant? I still have 1 1/2 weeks until I know whether I am going to miss my period.

If I am not pregnant, what could possibly cause my breasts to be this sore?

soontobemommyofdos responded:
Ok, so if you are 2-3 days past ovulation it would be way too soon to have any pregnancy sypmtoms, including swollen and tender breasts. It takes 6-10 days after ovulation for implantation, so not saying you are not pregnant, but your breasts right now are not any indication.

phoenixfire76 responded:
You sore breasts could be from another cause, as the other poster said, 2-3 days post ovulation is way to soon to be experience any symptoms of pregnancy. Sad to say you are going to have to wait and see. If you miss your next period by more than 2-7 days then test.
Best of luck.
Me:35, DH:45, DSD:17, DD:17, DAD:16, DS:13, DD:11

Brisgyrl17 replied to phoenixfire76's response:
It turns out my period started a week early. My breasts are still slightly swollen though but not as bad. I guess it is possible I just started ovulating after being off the Paraguard IUD since early Nov.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Recently retired from Sage Femme where I was a midwife assistant for 15 years. Prior to that my husband and I ran a dairy farm, which is now run by my...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.