Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help!
anturner posted:
Hi everyone! I'm new to this! Okay so my period is 6 days late and I took 2 home pregnancy test and they both came back negative. I was intimate with my boyfriend days before my period was due. I thought that was too late to conceive. I'm freaking out and he has no idea just yet.

hunnybunny09 responded:
its ok make a doctors app. they will run a better test than you can buy at the store. me and you are going thought the same thing right now. can you help me out.

An_242764 responded:
Are your periods regular? If they are then the chance of you being pregnant is slim. If they aren't then there is a possibility. Your period could also be late because of stress.

From my experience HPT's are pretty accurate when done correctly although it's not impossible to get a false positive.

I would wait another week and see if your period comes. If not then take another pregnancy test and if that is also negative go see a dr. They can do a blood test and that is more accurate than a urine test.

Good Luck!

phoenixfire76 responded:
While it's not impossible to get pregnant right before your period is due it is highly improbable.
If you can't get to a Dr. for a blood test wait 2-7 days and if still no normal for you period re-test.
Best of luck.
Me:35,DH:45,DD:17,DD:17,DD:16,DS:13,DD:11

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey All! I had a wonderful baby boy in May of 2011! And he truly is the joy in my life right now! I am so thankful for an easy pregnancy and birth and...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to Get Pregnant for the first time.
My husband and I have both decided to try and have our first child. I have stopped taking my birth control for about 1 month and I sadly ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful