Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is it possible to show signs of pregnancy 3 weeks after having unprotected sex?
scdarling21 posted:
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex almost 3 weeks ago. Before that, we had had sex a few times without a condom and he had pulled out, so I guess that was unprotected as well. I have been off of my birth control for about 2 months now, and 3 or 4 weeks ago, I had some bleeding, but mostly spotting. I only had to use 2 tampons, but spent about a total of a week to ten days spotting very lightly. The last week or so, I have been very tired and emotional! I also had a VERY vivid dream a couple weeks ago that I was 8 and a half months pregnant with a baby boy!! I could even feel the baby kicking!!! It was the most vivid dream I have ever had!!! When I woke up, I had to look at my belly to make sure I wasn't pregnant!! Do you think I could be showing signs of pregnancy already, or is it all in my head?? All my friends think I should take a test. Maybe I am just in denial! I am afraid to take a test!! LOL

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You could be pregnant. Now is around the time when some women start to feel symptoms. The only way to know is to take a test.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

scdarling21 responded:
Ok, took a test today! I am not pregnant! Either that or it is just too soon to tell.

tlkittycat1968 replied to scdarling21's response:
Possibly too soon. Wait and see if you get your period and if it's late by more than a few days, take another test.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

phoenixfire76 responded:
You should try a test since it be more than 14 days/2 weeks since you had unprotected sex. Just make sure you test with 1st morning urine.
Best of luck.
Me:36, DH:46, DD:17, DD:17, DD:17, DS:14, DD:11, DS:9 and 2 cats.

tlkittycat1968 replied to phoenixfire76's response:
The OP did take a test but it was negative. She didn't say if she used FMU though.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Husband and I have been ttc since last year! I had a miscarriage last year in april 2010 I didnt even no I was pregnant. Now we are trying and have...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.