Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is it possible to show signs of pregnancy 3 weeks after having unprotected sex?
scdarling21 posted:
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex almost 3 weeks ago. Before that, we had had sex a few times without a condom and he had pulled out, so I guess that was unprotected as well. I have been off of my birth control for about 2 months now, and 3 or 4 weeks ago, I had some bleeding, but mostly spotting. I only had to use 2 tampons, but spent about a total of a week to ten days spotting very lightly. The last week or so, I have been very tired and emotional! I also had a VERY vivid dream a couple weeks ago that I was 8 and a half months pregnant with a baby boy!! I could even feel the baby kicking!!! It was the most vivid dream I have ever had!!! When I woke up, I had to look at my belly to make sure I wasn't pregnant!! Do you think I could be showing signs of pregnancy already, or is it all in my head?? All my friends think I should take a test. Maybe I am just in denial! I am afraid to take a test!! LOL

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You could be pregnant. Now is around the time when some women start to feel symptoms. The only way to know is to take a test.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

scdarling21 responded:
Ok, took a test today! I am not pregnant! Either that or it is just too soon to tell.

tlkittycat1968 replied to scdarling21's response:
Possibly too soon. Wait and see if you get your period and if it's late by more than a few days, take another test.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

phoenixfire76 responded:
You should try a test since it be more than 14 days/2 weeks since you had unprotected sex. Just make sure you test with 1st morning urine.
Best of luck.
Me:36, DH:46, DD:17, DD:17, DD:17, DS:14, DD:11, DS:9 and 2 cats.

tlkittycat1968 replied to phoenixfire76's response:
The OP did take a test but it was negative. She didn't say if she used FMU though.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married mother of one child. I had my tubes tied in 2006 but I know there is always the chance of pregnancy. I have been have irregular periods and ...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful