Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Plan B
midnightsun0810 posted:
my husband and I had unprotected sex during my fertile time, if I took the morning after pill more than 3 days after, is it possible that it implanted?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yes. Plan B is most effective if used within 3 days of the unprotected intercourse so if it was more than 3 days, it might not have been effective.

You'll have to wait and see if your next period is late.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

phoenixfire76 responded:
Plan B is most effective 3 day/72 hours after unprotected sex, so since you took it after that window there could be a chance that you could be pregnant. You'll have to wait and see, if you miss your period when it's next due by more that 2-7 days then take a test with 1st morning urine.
Best of luck.
Me:36, DH:46, DD:17, DD:17, DD:17, DS:14, DD:11, DS:9 and 2 cats.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Recently retired from Sage Femme where I was a midwife assistant for 15 years. Prior to that my husband and I ran a dairy farm, which is now run by my...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.