Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Should I test or wait?
Anon_9709 posted:
Trying to get pregnant, my period is due on Saturday. For a couple of days now, I have been really tired, moody, hungry, experiencing some breast tenderness, very mild nausea, increased urination, I'm just not sure if I should wait to see if my period shows up or take a test?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
It may be too early to take a test. PMS and early pregnancy symptoms often mimic each other so I'd wait and see if your period comes before you test.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

Anon_9709 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
So it is now Monday, still no period, took a test yesterday it was negative, how long should I wait before I see my doctor? So confused, still having a lot of symptoms

tlkittycat1968 replied to Anon_9709's response:
How late is your period?

If your period is more than a week late and you're still having symtpoms, you can see your doctor now for a blood test.

Keep in mind that it's common for women to skip a period. It usually just means she didn't ovulate.
Proud mommy to PJ (4)

Anon_9709 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Its only 2 days late, just really not feeling myself, so I think I'll wait a few more days and see my doctor

phoenixfire76 replied to Anon_9709's response:
If the test was done with 1st morning urine the it should be accurate, but if you get to a week or later then you should re-test with 1st morning urine and if still negative results then you may want to see a Dr. for a blood test.
Best of luck.
Me:36, DH:46, DD:17, DD:17, DD:17, DS:14, DD:11, DS:9 and 2 cats.

Anon_9709 replied to phoenixfire76's response:
It wasn't done with the first morning urine, I saw my doctor at the walk in clinic last night for a different problem, he has advised me to come in for a blood test, so I am doing that today, not sure how long it takes for the results, happy thoughts though

Anon_9709 replied to Anon_9709's response:
Really depressed, with the way I have been feeling I was sure I was pregnant, but the blood test came back negative, still no period. Time to book a doctors appointment, something is not right, if I am only getting my period every other month now, I got it in march, nothing in april, got it in may, now nothing in june. So confused and disappointed

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am an engaged 24 year old mom of the most beautiful little boys in the world. :) We recently lost our 2nd child in the 14th week of my pregnancy on ...More

Helpful Tips

Why 1st morning urine?
I bet some of you are wonder why you should always use 1st morning urine when testing with home tests. Well the theory is that because ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.