Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
very confused...could i be pregnant?
An_245732 posted:
Maybe someone has some input on this....I am 29 years old. I was on birth control for about 3 months. I took it on time everyday. My fiancee and i have unprotected sex aside from the birth control pill. Yes we want to have a baby. this would be our first. every month even when i wasn't on the pill, my period was regular. this month however, it was 9 days late, i felt like i was going to get my period any minute. Extremely bloated,sore breasts, cramps, lower back pain, headaches, bleeding gums (however i have a bleeding issue), light headed, hot always, extremely tired. I was getting worried so i took a home preg test (blue dye). 15 minutes later i saw a very faint positive line. the next day same thing with second test of same kind. i didn't want to get too excited since the line didn't get darker. 2 days later, i got my period. but it only lasted 2 days all the bloating and cramps went away. not heavy not too light. maybe 2 tampons a day. now it has stopped, but the cramps and bloating are back. i am really confused. should i wait to take another test or is this all from my birth control pill? i am open for suggestions. does anyone have any????

phoenixfire76 responded:
You can try re-testing with 1st morning urine, but only look at the test with in the testing window timeframe (which is usually less than 10 minutes) or you can see a Dr. for a blood test.
Best of luck.
Me:36, DH:46, DD:17, DD:17, DD:17, DS:14, DD:11, DS:9 and 2 cats.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Husband and I have been ttc since last year! I had a miscarriage last year in april 2010 I didnt even no I was pregnant. Now we are trying and have...More

Helpful Tips

pregnant with negative test results and then a miscarriage
hi girls u had the worst experience we have been trying to get pregnant for a while and then I missed my period I took 8 pregnancy tests ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.