Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
very confused...could i be pregnant?
An_245732 posted:
Maybe someone has some input on this....I am 29 years old. I was on birth control for about 3 months. I took it on time everyday. My fiancee and i have unprotected sex aside from the birth control pill. Yes we want to have a baby. this would be our first. every month even when i wasn't on the pill, my period was regular. this month however, it was 9 days late, i felt like i was going to get my period any minute. Extremely bloated,sore breasts, cramps, lower back pain, headaches, bleeding gums (however i have a bleeding issue), light headed, hot always, extremely tired. I was getting worried so i took a home preg test (blue dye). 15 minutes later i saw a very faint positive line. the next day same thing with second test of same kind. i didn't want to get too excited since the line didn't get darker. 2 days later, i got my period. but it only lasted 2 days all the bloating and cramps went away. not heavy not too light. maybe 2 tampons a day. now it has stopped, but the cramps and bloating are back. i am really confused. should i wait to take another test or is this all from my birth control pill? i am open for suggestions. does anyone have any????

phoenixfire76 responded:
You can try re-testing with 1st morning urine, but only look at the test with in the testing window timeframe (which is usually less than 10 minutes) or you can see a Dr. for a blood test.
Best of luck.
Me:36, DH:46, DD:17, DD:17, DD:17, DS:14, DD:11, DS:9 and 2 cats.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was on the nuva ring fo 3 months me and my sons father decided we r gonna try for another child. We had sex on May 22 and i took my nuva ring out on...More

Helpful Tips

It's been 20 years sence I had my last child .and I had a tube . and I forgot how it feel to bee pregnant. I feel that I am but don't know More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 10 found this helpful