Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

LH surge and ovulation?
    cjl0510 posted:
    I had a baby 3 months ago to the day. Today I felt a cramp on my side.. which the only time I get that was when I ovulate. Mind you I have not had my period yet (with both babies before it was over a year before I got AF back). But I took an ovulation test and it was positive.

We DTD two days ago. We didn't think to use protection because my lack of AF with my prior two children. Since the test was positive does that mean I DID ovulate? And do you think there is a possiblity I could become pregnant? Thanks in advance!

reb_hun responded:
    lurking from first tri... you don't have to have your period in order to ovulate, there is a slight possibility you could wind up pregnant since you didn't use protection. i would wait until your period would be due and if you miss it i would test. if you do end up getting your period i would use protection unless you are planning to get preggo again. good luck

tlkittycat1968 responded:
    Remember you ovulate before you get your period so it's definitly possible for you to get pregnant without having your first post-partum period.

My SIL got pregnant with her 3rd without having a post-partum period. She hadn't had a period since December 2006 due to pregnancy and full-time breasfeeding. She got pregnant and had my nephew in June 2009 so she went over two and a half years without a period.
    Proud mommy to PJ (4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

hello
    was wondering if someone could give me advice about what i should do. i quit taking birthcontrol pills 4months ago and i havent had my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.