Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Mirena and Bloody Discharge?
    helplessone22 posted:
    Hoping someone can help. I have used the Mirena IUD for the last year now. I think I may have gotten 1 light period the first month after I got it. Today, after urinating, I noticed bloody discharge on the toilet tissue. No heavy bleeding, nothing in my panties, just discharge on the tissue. I instantly checked my body, and I can feel the wire from the Mirena inside me, so I don't think it came out. During intercourse, my boyfriend ALWAYS pulls out. He has never once finished inside of me. Even though I'm on Mirena, we are both in our 30s and know we never want children, and we thought we were covering all bases here. I'm really freaked out right now. Am I possibly pregnant? I'm not depressed, I haven't changed my diet, my sleep is fine. Nothing in my life has changed. I'm so scared.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i am 29 and my husband is 43 and we are thinking about starting our own family, however we are new at this so my question to anyone is should we ha...More

Helpful Tips

trying to get pregnant
    .. im trying to get pregnant for 2 yrs.. im nearly hopeless..pls help More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 4 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.